Windows 10: Delete Hyper-V Snapshots

Discus and support Delete Hyper-V Snapshots in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am running out of space on one of my drives which contains many checkpoints/snapshots, some of which dated as far back as 2018. I have looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CoteJ, Jan 26, 2021.

1. CoteJ Win User

Delete Hyper-V Snapshots

Hi,

I am running out of space on one of my drives which contains many checkpoints/snapshots, some of which dated as far back as 2018.

I have looked online for the best way to remove these to recoup some space, however, other than "do not delete by hand" I cannot seem to find anything in Hyper-V Manager that lets me delete these folders.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jeanne

:)

CoteJ, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Delete Hyper-V Snapshots

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Delete Hyper-V Snapshots

1. Delete Hyper-V Snapshots - Similar Threads - Delete Hyper Snapshots

2. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  3. Can't disable/delete Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable/delete Hyper-V: So, today I was installing Bluestacks, which needs Hyper-V to NOT be active/running. It says I have Hyper-V on, but I don't! I even run commands to disable it, but it didn't work. Or, I don't know, in Control Panel Hyper-V is unchecked. But every single app there needs...
  4. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  5. Clarification on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  6. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  7. Hyper-V doesn't delete checkpoint files

Hyper-V doesn't delete checkpoint files: Is it normal for Hyper-V to not delete the original checkpoint files when the reference/restore point is deleted in the Hyper-V manager? I am just getting my feet wet in the Hyper-V realm and noticed that the AVHDX files take space on my PC even after deleting the...
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Audio in hyper-v

Audio in hyper-v: So how do I get my headset which is usb to work in hyper-v? 5735
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...