Windows 10: Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists

Discus and support Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 mail but am finding that some email addresses which are no longer correct are populated in the TO: line of a new email even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NinaWoods1, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists

I am using windows 10 mail but am finding that some email addresses which are no longer correct are populated in the TO: line of a new email even though it no longer exists in my contacts address book. How do I delete these or manage the remembered address lists?

I used to be able to delete in Outlook but windows 10 does not allow me to delete the incorrect address.

:)

NinaWoods1, Oct 5, 2019

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Oct 5, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Bastet Win User

Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists

1. Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists - Similar Threads - Delete incorrect mail

2. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  3. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Contact list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Contact list: Contacts list from gmail won't import into Windows 10 Mail. Originally tried from old Windows Live Mail, same result. How do I import bulk Contacts??! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contact-list/7c00f0c6-dfc8-4496-b798-a3e9a19f4885
  5. Cannot delete incorrect contact

Cannot delete incorrect contact: In Outlook mail I click onNew Mail. In the To: box I type the first letter of the person I want to sendmail. A list of Recent People appears. The person I am interested in is showntwice. One address is correct the other is not. When I go to the Contactlist, I can find one...
  6. Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail

Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail: My people app is correct and only the appropriate email address is there. However, when I type a name in my TO line all the previous addresses show up as an option. I have reset my app, tested through gmail doesn't happen there, addresses are correct only in WLM. How do...
  7. Contact list for Windows 10 mail

Contact list for Windows 10 mail: I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I was using Windows Live Mail with my Windows 7 system but I want to use Windows 10 Mail from now on. I have created an email account under Windows 10 Mail which works. It is an IMAP account. However this account does not...
  8. Incorrect E-Mail Address

in Browsers and Email
    Incorrect E-Mail Address: What should happen when you send an e-mail but you entered the address incorrectly like accidentally misspelling the name? I always assumed that the e-mail would be bounced back to make you aware of this problem. I have now discovered that some e-mail servers are like black...
  9. Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses: Hi I know this isnt a new question I have seen questions relating back to 2016 with Microsoft saying there is no facility in Windows mail to delete an incorrect e-mail address, not only do I have incorrect e-mail addresses, but I also have an e-mail address from a deceased...
  10. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508