Windows 10: Delete ISO files?

Discus and support Delete ISO files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiya....can I do this once I have upgraded to Windows? TIA 55031 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deblk, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Deblk Win User

Delete ISO files?

Hiya....can I do this once I have upgraded to Windows? TIA

:)

Deblk, Jul 1, 2016
  2. #DELETE Win User

Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information about this? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts(OCD alert)!

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

Mail and Calendar 17.7812.42257.0

Microsoft People 10.1.3410.0

Store 11610.1001.25.0

Login to Windows using a 'Local Account', not a 'Microsoft Account'.
    Delete ISO files? [​IMG]

Two accounts from an unrelated provider. One for e-mail using IMAP+SMPT, another for calendar/contacts using CalDav+CardDav (iCloud). I censored the second account name due to bad languageDelete ISO files? :).
    Delete ISO files? [​IMG]

And yet, when opening the Calendar. There is an entry for 'Microsoft Account Calendar', wich is unable to be managed.

Delete ISO files? [​IMG]

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Removed and added accounts (Using both 'Calendar-->Manage Accounts' and 'Settings-->Accounts')

- Removed and installed Mail/Calendar/People (Using PowerShell and Store)

- Run Microsoft Troubleshooter for Windows Store

- Run SFC /scannow

- Run DISM /RestoreHealth

- Switched to Microsoft Account, and back to local

- A combination and multiplication of all the above!

So far no fix is noticeable and the problem persist. Where does that 'Microsoft Account' entry comes from? And more important, how to remove it?!

I would really appriciate if Microsoft gave some attention to this issue, and help us solve this.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Jul 1, 2016
  3. #DELETE Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information available to finally solve this issue? An response from Microsoft would be nice.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Jul 1, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Delete ISO files?

You could, but since it doesn't take very much room you might as well keep it.

There are some people that actually collect ISO files. Right now I have approx. 45 different versions of Linux and Windows ISO files stored as a nice little collection.

Rocky, Jul 1, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    You could burn the iso to dvd so you have a backup.

swarfega, Jul 1, 2016
  6. dafydd Win User
    Hi Sorry to butt into the thread regarding the iso

I have a genuine disc of Microsoft office 2010,Would it be possible to make an iso of that for future keeping.
    I do have quite a selections of movies in iso.
    If that is yes what program should I use to make an iso of office,I have used dvdfab to convert the movies to iso.
    Thanks.

dafydd, Jul 1, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jul 1, 2016
  8. Deblk Win User

Delete ISO files?

I thought I read somewhere that the ISO file needs to be used within 24 hours of downloading?

Deblk, Jul 1, 2016
  9. Nothing as such AFAIK

Sumit Dhiman, Jul 1, 2016
  10. Rocky Win User
    No, they are good for years. I still use years old Windows and Linux ISOs just to create little computers on separate hard drives. Multibooting it is called. It is fun.

Rocky, Jul 1, 2016
  11. Phone Man Win User
    When using Windows Tech Bench to download the ISO after you make your selection the links are only active for 24 hrs and after that you need to go through the selection process again.

Delete ISO files? [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 1, 2016
  12. DavidE Win User
    You can also download the Office ISO from MS servers using the Heidoc ISO Downloader.
    If your Office disc is the older pre SP1 disc, you might want to download the newer ISO that includes SP1.
    The ISO Downloader is available here:
    Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

DavidE, Jul 1, 2016
  13. Deblk Win User

Delete ISO files?

Ahh thats what I saw thanks *Smile
    I might as well download directly to CD then and then upgrade...does that make sense?

Deblk, Jul 1, 2016
  14. Deblk Win User
    Is is better to download the ISO to a CD then to upgrade and if so will I have to boot from the CD or can I just upgrade normally? Then after a while if I want to do a clean install can I use the same ISO? I am so nervous about this but seems silly not to take the free upgrade *Sad

Deblk, Jul 2, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    You need a DVD, not a CD because Windows 10 won't fit on a CD. Not sure if you just lump all the shiny discs together under a common name, but wouldn't want a CD to fail if you meant to be specific by saying CD. To do the upgrade from the ISO file it doesn't really matter if you make a DVD from it, or just mount it. If you are upgrading from Windows 7 then you will need software to do either. If you mount the ISO file you get a fake (virtual) DVD drive letter that appears. If you burn the DVD from the ISO file, then you run the upgrade from the DVD. Just make sure you burn the DVD on a slow speed (I would not go higher than 2X if you have a choice) and set the verify after burning option on the software. It will take longer, but you will know you have a good DVD.

To do an upgrade, you run the setup.exe from within Windows 7/8/8.1 from inside the mounted ISO file or on the DVD. You do not boot from the DVD. That's why it doesn't matter if you burn the DVD first or not. To do the clean install, unless you do something really tricky, you need to boot from a Windows 10 installation DVD or USB flash drive created from the ISO file - so you have to have one made in order to do a clean install. If you make a working USB flash drive or a DVD from the ISO file, you don't need to keep the ISO file if you don't want to - the DVD will do both the upgrade and a clean install. It just depends on if you insert the DVD and run setup.exe while Windows 7/8/8.1 is running (upgrade) or whether you boot the computer from it (clean install).

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

Delete ISO files?

1. Delete ISO files? - Similar Threads - Delete ISO files

2. .ISO files in a folder of the same name deletes them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .ISO files in a folder of the same name deletes them?: I tried to move a file Spore.iso into a folder called Spore on an exFAT formatted sd card and it threw Error 0x80070570, so i moved the iso to the sd card, where the Spore folder was and it was fine, when i tried to move it from the sd card to the Spore folder, it threw...
  3. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  4. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  5. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to delete iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete iso: How do I delete a iso i tried deleting it the normal way but that failed and neither iso can be mounted because one has nothing on it the other I don't even know what the problem is with the second one but I can't Delete it the file by putting on my desktop the putting in the...
  7. How to delete iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete iso: How do I delete a iso i tried deleting it the normal way but that failed and neither iso can be mounted because one has nothing on it the other I don't even know what the problem is with the second one but I can't Delete it the file by putting on my desktop the putting in the...
  8. I cant delete a iso file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant delete a iso file: the file is 'kali-linux-2021.1-installer-i386.iso' my pc says its a virus and it is it takes 80% cpu usage and i cant stop it when i go into windows security it says i cant delete it I tried the mount and eject and it didnt work and i also did file assasin. please help and...
  9. not able to delete ISO file

in Windows 10 Support
    not able to delete ISO file: hey man can you help me? I have and iso archive file which I'm not able to delete, I'm neither able to eject the added drive. It's taking up space. I wanna get rid of it. Thank you I also tried file assassin but even it couldn't help out. 161786
  10. Can't Delete ISO File

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete ISO File: I Can't Delete ISO File that I have on an external disk drive. It says "the action can't be completed because the file is open in system." This is an unopened video file. How can I delete it? Thanks. 129282