Windows 10: Delete key acts like its stuck

Discus and support Delete key acts like its stuck in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Delete key acts like its stuck but not physically. I open on-screen keyboard and it says that the delete key is not pressed. I have a HP laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leoleonik, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Leoleonik Win User

Delete key acts like its stuck

Delete key acts like its stuck but not physically. I open on-screen keyboard and it says that the delete key is not pressed. I have a HP laptop with windows 10. What should I do?

:)

Leoleonik, Feb 12, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 12, 2021
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Delete key acts like its stuck

shift key acting like it's stuck, ctrl and num keys don't work

Hi janieneh,

There's a possibility that the keyboard issue that you're experiencing may be due to having an outdated driver or could be a software conflict. However, there's also a chance that sticky keys may have been enabled on your laptop. Before we try to troubleshoot
    the software side, please try the following workarounds and see if one on the list addresses the problem:

• Turning off Sticky Keys.
      • If this feature is turned on, then have it turned off. Just navigate to
        Settings > Ease of access > Keyboard > Sticky Keys
        , then toggle it
        Off
    • Holding down both Shift keys.
      • Press and hold down both Shift keys at the same time for 4 to 5 seconds.
    • Perform full shutdown
      • To perform a full shutdown, click the Windows key > Power Icon > Shutdown. Once computer is off, press the power button to boot it up.
    Please let me know if the issue persists after performing the steps above by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Delete key acts like its stuck

1. Delete key acts like its stuck - Similar Threads - Delete key acts

2. F1 key acts like its being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F1 key acts like its being held down: My F1 key acts like its being held down. I checked my F1 key no debris or dust its a fairly new laptop I got it 2 months ago. This just started happening where my F1 key acts like its being held down even though physically its not. This has happened before with the CTRL key...
  3. On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.: Hi Team, On my laptop which is Windows 11 Pro 22HZ delete key acting like it stuck, but when I see it's not. It's deleting texts or whatever items focused on or clicked on like files, or emails in inbox it is deleting straight away. It's happening after installing updates on...
  4. On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.

On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.: Hi Team, On my laptop which is Windows 11 Pro 22HZ delete key acting like it stuck, but when I see it's not. It's deleting texts or whatever items focused on or clicked on like files, or emails in inbox it is deleting straight away. It's happening after installing updates on...
  5. Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...: I think this issue is caused by a startup routine clash on touchscreen devices with detachable keyboards.I've noticed this occur when input keyboard is disabled in device manager, bluetooth was not turned off before power cycle, and a keyboard input device was last connected...
  6. Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...

Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...: I think this issue is caused by a startup routine clash on touchscreen devices with detachable keyboards.I've noticed this occur when input keyboard is disabled in device manager, bluetooth was not turned off before power cycle, and a keyboard input device was last connected...
  7. Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. wINDOwS IS aCTInG LIKE THE SHIFt KEy IS StUCK But ITs NOt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wINDOwS IS aCTInG LIKE THE SHIFt KEy IS StUCK But ITs NOt: I DOnT HAVe REdDiT ON mY PHONE BUT IM noT SURe HOW TO FiX THIS AT All ALL ACCESSIBILitY SeTTINGS ARE OFF AND tHE ONLY wAY ThiS PROBLEM GeTS fIxEd iS IF I ShUt DoWN My COMPUTeR AND START It BACK UP bUT SOMeHOw IT aLWAyS COMES BACk PLEASE HeLP submitted by /u/braysu...
  9. Shift Key is "ACTING" like its stuck - Can not use the Number Pad also

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift Key is "ACTING" like its stuck - Can not use the Number Pad also: The Shift lock on my laptop is acting up or perhaps Windows 10? Basically the caps lock is reversed: I have contacted the Microsoft chat support team prior with this case prior. With the following: Caps Lock On: lowercase CAPS LOCK OFF: UPPERCASE The numkeys '1 2 3 4...
  10. Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?: I can't click on anything or type anything because it's as if the tab key is stuck. It's constantly flickering between selection of various buttons, and I can't do anything. My tab key is physically fine. It only does this in default Windows apps such as Sticky Notes, Photos,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop my delete button gets stuck