Windows 10: Delete key deletes two characters

Discus and support Delete key deletes two characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For as long as I can remember, the delete key on my laptop (a Lenovo Yoga 710-IKB currently on Windows 10 version 1903) has deleted two characters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Delete key deletes two characters

For as long as I can remember, the delete key on my laptop (a Lenovo Yoga 710-IKB currently on Windows 10 version 1903) has deleted two characters instead of one. If I plug in an external USB keyboard, its delete key only deletes one character. How can I get the delete key on my built-in keyboard to delete only one character?

:)

ricecrispies, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Arnie Est Win User

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Jan 24, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Explanations for deleted posts?

Like I said, it makes no sense in letting users see deleted posts, even if they are their own. That's why they were deleted in the first place. If they get to see who specifically deleted it, it only serves one purpose. Lets them bitch.

btarunr, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Delete key deletes two characters

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Quite often I want to delete characters in front of the cursor but so far only know of the backspace key which deletes backwards.

Is there a 'Delete' key to delete forwards?

Lumia 550 phone

s

StephenSLR, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Delete key deletes two characters

1. Delete key deletes two characters - Similar Threads - Delete key deletes

2. Deleting Files and Folders with Illegal Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Files and Folders with Illegal Characters: I returned to some work from last week and it seems there was a code-related mishap - a number of files and folders have somehow been created from my code, using the start of each line of code itself as a file / foldername string: Directory of...
  3. Deleting Files and Folders with Illegal Characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Files and Folders with Illegal Characters: I returned to some work from last week and it seems there was a code-related mishap - a number of files and folders have somehow been created from my code, using the start of each line of code itself as a file / foldername string: Directory of...
  4. Deleting Files and Folders with Illegal Characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete wihout a delete key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete wihout a delete key?: Hi! So I recently got a free new laptop from a government program and the selection was quite limited. Unfortunately, I found out when I got mine that the keyboard doesn't have a Delete key there's a power button where the delete key is supposed to be, which has resulted in...
  6. Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also: Strange.... W10 Pro 21H2 v19043.1803 Delete key on keyboard stopped working...won't delete anything... Same thing with Rclick and delete.... It's like any delete feature in W10 stopped working.... Thoughts and ideas appreciated.... Yes...I tried a different kb...and...
  7. Spacebar randomly deleting characters before it — not a "Insert key" issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spacebar randomly deleting characters before it — not a "Insert key" issue: For the past few weeks, I've noticed that sometimeswhen I type and press the spacebar, the letter preceding the space gets removed as if I were to have pressed the "delete" button — you can see it just happened between "sometimes" and "when". No matter how many times I...
  8. Deletion of Characters Within File Titles

Deletion of Characters Within File Titles: Does anyone know how to automatically delete a specified number of first characters in the titles of all files within a folder? I need to delete the first 32 characters in the titles of all files in certain folders. Should a .bat file be created with the commands to do the...
  9. new HP laptop Delete and END key inserting characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new HP laptop Delete and END key inserting characters: My Delete key inserts .... each time I press it but does not delete. END key just inserts a numeral 1 but does not jump to tend of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hp-laptop-delete-and-end-key-inserting/fb1c6e3b-6caa-4367-ab24-910435db4482
  10. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

delete key works to delete text but not to delete files: for some reason delete works to delete text but not files in explorer. is there a fix for this? I have a MSI GF Series GF65 9SEXR-436CA Thin. if that matters...