Windows 10: Delete key deletes two characters

Discus and support Delete key deletes two characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For as long as I can remember, the delete key on my laptop (a Lenovo Yoga 710-IKB currently on Windows 10 version 1903) has deleted two characters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Delete key deletes two characters

For as long as I can remember, the delete key on my laptop (a Lenovo Yoga 710-IKB currently on Windows 10 version 1903) has deleted two characters instead of one. If I plug in an external USB keyboard, its delete key only deletes one character. How can I get the delete key on my built-in keyboard to delete only one character?

:)

ricecrispies, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Arnie Est Win User

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Jan 24, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Explanations for deleted posts?

Like I said, it makes no sense in letting users see deleted posts, even if they are their own. That's why they were deleted in the first place. If they get to see who specifically deleted it, it only serves one purpose. Lets them bitch.

btarunr, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Delete key deletes two characters

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Quite often I want to delete characters in front of the cursor but so far only know of the backspace key which deletes backwards.

Is there a 'Delete' key to delete forwards?

Lumia 550 phone

s

StephenSLR, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Delete key deletes two characters

1. Delete key deletes two characters - Similar Threads - Delete key deletes

2. I push a key to make two characters. That is wrong.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I push a key to make two characters. That is wrong.: tthhiiss iiss wwhhaatt ii aamm ttyyppiinngg nnooww.. ii ppuusshh aa kkeeyy ttoo ccrreeaattee ttwwoo lleetttteerrss oorr ttwwoo nnuummbbeerrss.. tthhaatt iiss wwrroonngg.. iiff yyoouu llooookk aatt mmyy sseenntteennccee,, yyoouu wwiillll...
  3. Delete key issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete key issues: Hello, everyone, I'm having issues with my delete key but only when I try to delete files in folders or a file on my desktop. For example, if I had folder A and folder B inside of that one and Folder B has a text file. If I click on that text file then press delete key it...
  4. Delete key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete key not working: Hi, after successfully installing the Windows 10 Version 1903, the "Delete"key stopped working in my Dell Laptop. Pls suggest how to fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-key-not-working/fcb35651-48ed-47c0-aeab-17e882b723c8
  5. Safe to delete this registry key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe to delete this registry key?: Hello, I'm trying to convert my user account to a local account. Can I safely delete this registry key? HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** (where "email" is my email username)...
  6. Pgup arrow key is a delete key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pgup arrow key is a delete key: Yes I have a idealpad 120s-11IAP and the uppage arrow key deletes rather than move up. what do I do to fix issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pgup-arrow-key-is-a-delete-key/31a6bd62-fdab-4b2f-8096-0a83eb4f2457
  7. When i press shift it deletes a character.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i press shift it deletes a character.: this makes it really hard to write. since if I press shift it backspaces. any help cant make parenthesis or a question mark sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-shift-it-deletes-a-character/2a31b6e7-f0a7-4100-9beb-a99224993b3a
  8. cannot delete key in regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete key in regedit: tried to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360TotalSecurity Thought I had removed 360 Total Security from pc running Win 10. But it still appears in Task Manager as a Background process. Keep receiving message error while deleting key. My account set up as Administrator....
  9. Delete key erratic behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key erratic behaviour: I am embarrassed to bring this up because win 10 is such an incredible and smooth experience with all the cortona stuff and your applications getting blocked by windows for your protection. I was on a night shift all alone and i was sort of half conscious installing my apps...
  10. Deleted wrong registry keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted wrong registry keys: Just upgraded to Win10 from 7 and didn't create a restore point before I started to fix a network adapter problem. Regretting it now. Found a solution to my problem that included deleting the Config key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network But...