Windows 10: Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also

Discus and support Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Strange.... W10 Pro 21H2 v19043.1803 Delete key on keyboard stopped working...won't delete anything... Same thing with Rclick and delete.... It's like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stevem5000, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also

Strange.... W10 Pro 21H2 v19043.1803 Delete key on keyboard stopped working...won't delete anything... Same thing with Rclick and delete.... It's like any delete feature in W10 stopped working.... Thoughts and ideas appreciated.... Yes...I tried a different kb...and mouse...rclick mouse brings up context menu...but won;t delete any file or folder...

:)

stevem5000, Jul 14, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Explanations for deleted posts?

Like I said, it makes no sense in letting users see deleted posts, even if they are their own. That's why they were deleted in the first place. If they get to see who specifically deleted it, it only serves one purpose. Lets them bitch.

btarunr, Jul 14, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Had a Question..it was deleted --.--

our policy is to delete only spam/inappropriate posts.

the only person who can "hard delete" posts on the forums is me .. everybody else can just soft-delete the posts, the original author will see those posts in the threads list with a comment why it was deleted.

to the poster it will look like this, without "manage"

Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also deleted.gif

W1zzard, Jul 14, 2021
  4. neokeelo Win User

Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also

delete

delete

neokeelo, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also

1. Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also - Similar Threads - Delete key deleting

2. I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d: Okay, I know I have been gone from Microsoft for a very long time. In fact the only reason I'm back is due to gaming. However I am back and why cannot I delete any files in Windows 11. Yes I am logged in as administrator although that is also another issue, because I cannot...
  3. I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete anything!!! No delete option on right click, no delete key, no ctrl-d: Okay, I know I have been gone from Microsoft for a very long time. In fact the only reason I'm back is due to gaming. However I am back and why cannot I delete any files in Windows 11. Yes I am logged in as administrator although that is also another issue, because I cannot...
  4. How to delete wihout a delete key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete wihout a delete key?: Hi! So I recently got a free new laptop from a government program and the selection was quite limited. Unfortunately, I found out when I got mine that the keyboard doesn't have a Delete key there's a power button where the delete key is supposed to be, which has resulted in...
  5. How to delete wihout a delete key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete wihout a delete key?: Hi! So I recently got a free new laptop from a government program and the selection was quite limited. Unfortunately, I found out when I got mine that the keyboard doesn't have a Delete key there's a power button where the delete key is supposed to be, which has resulted in...
  6. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete key works to delete text but not to delete files: for some reason delete works to delete text but not files in explorer. is there a fix for this? I have a MSI GF Series GF65 9SEXR-436CA Thin. if that matters...
  7. If I delete a symlink, will it also delete the original file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I delete a symlink, will it also delete the original file?: Hi all. I have a question about symlinks in Windows 10. Let's say I do the following: I add file-a to folder-a. In folder-b I add a symlink to file-a. If I delete the symlink, will it also delete file-a? I believe the answer is 'no,' but just want to confirm. Also, I...
  8. Delete key deletes two characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key deletes two characters: For as long as I can remember, the delete key on my laptop (a Lenovo Yoga 710-IKB currently on Windows 10 version 1903) has deleted two characters instead of one. If I plug in an external USB keyboard, its delete key only deletes one character. How can I get the delete key on...
  9. Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?: I wanted to delete a large quantity of files (several TB) and was presented with the "Preparing to delete files...." dialog. Then I changed my mind and cancelled this dialog. Since it was in the "Preparing to delete" stage: Was Windows just discovering items or already...
  10. Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Will deleting administrator user also delete accounts created with it?: I have a single administrator account. I've created local users with it. The local accounts function perfectly. However, the administrator account has become progressively less stable. I'd like to delete it and replace it with a fresh account. How can I do this without...