Windows 10: delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

Discus and support delete key works to delete text but not to delete files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; for some reason delete works to delete text but not files in explorer. is there a fix for this? I have a MSI GF Series GF65 9SEXR-436CA Thin. if that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by King Dug E, Jul 19, 2020.

1. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

King Dug E, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Demos_sav Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

I have that same problem. But the file I want to delete contains viruses too. I tried everything you said but nothing works. Could you please send me the secure deleter you wrote?

Demos_sav, Jul 19, 2020
  3. NinjaNife Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Jul 19, 2020
  4. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

How do I delete registry files?

HKEY_Current user will only delete the keys within the current account ur using so if u have another account, the keys will remain on that one. To delete it from ur entire system local machine is what u use. Ur second question i can't answer. sry

spearman914, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

delete key works to delete text but not to delete files

1. delete key works to delete text but not to delete files - Similar Threads - delete key works

2. Delete Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Key not working: Hi All,System information:Windows 11 Home x64 Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428Brand: FrameworkMotherboard Chip Set: Intel Alder Lake-P PCHI am unable to use the delete key in any application on my laptop. I have attempted to fix this in the MS Suite via File>Options>Customize...
  3. Delete Key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Key not working: Hi All,System information:Windows 11 Home x64 Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428Brand: FrameworkMotherboard Chip Set: Intel Alder Lake-P PCHI am unable to use the delete key in any application on my laptop. I have attempted to fix this in the MS Suite via File>Options>Customize...
  4. File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...: Can anyone tell me what Windows Windows 10 Enterprise was doing here?I tried to delete a large directory that contained an old backup of a project I'm working on. I kept getting "You must have administrator privilege" dialogs, which was odd, because the directory contained...
  5. File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer kept deleting... and deleting... and deleting...: Can anyone tell me what Windows Windows 10 Enterprise was doing here?I tried to delete a large directory that contained an old backup of a project I'm working on. I kept getting "You must have administrator privilege" dialogs, which was odd, because the directory contained...
  6. Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also: Strange.... W10 Pro 21H2 v19043.1803 Delete key on keyboard stopped working...won't delete anything... Same thing with Rclick and delete.... It's like any delete feature in W10 stopped working.... Thoughts and ideas appreciated.... Yes...I tried a different kb...and...
  7. delete key not working

in Windows 10 Support
    delete key not working: Why all of a sudden doesnt my delete key work, butbackspace works? 158790
  8. Delete key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete key not working: Hi, after successfully installing the Windows 10 Version 1903, the "Delete"key stopped working in my Dell Laptop. Pls suggest how to fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-key-not-working/fcb35651-48ed-47c0-aeab-17e882b723c8
  9. Delete File Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete File Works: Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS?. I would be grateful if you can provide kind of flowchart or pseudo Code? appreciated 132459
  10. File Delete Works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Delete Works: Does anyone can tell the how the delete Operation works? I mean when I delete a file or folder what happens behinds in the OS? I would be grateful if you can provide kind of flowchart or pseudo Code? Anyone have any reference to prove how deleted file works? appreciated...