Windows 10: delete linux mate from USB

Discus and support delete linux mate from USB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; downloaded Linux Mate onto my USB using Image Burn. Now unable to save file into USB or delete Linux file from USB using "reformat". Whats the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robinhood63, Dec 6, 2018.

1. delete linux mate from USB

downloaded Linux Mate onto my USB using Image Burn.

Now unable to save file into USB or delete Linux file from USB using "reformat". Whats the solution???

:)

robinhood63, Dec 6, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Dec 6, 2018
  4. spapakons Win User

delete linux mate from USB

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

delete linux mate from USB [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

delete linux mate from USB

1. delete linux mate from USB - Similar Threads - delete linux mate

2. Switching from Windows to Linux

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching from Windows to Linux: Hello I am Nikhil Bansal and I am a college student. I am using original windows 10 but as per my college course curriculum I have to work on Linux. I can switch to linux but then I will lost my original windows. Right? So what should I do as I am a student and also wants...
  3. RPC from Windows client to Linux server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RPC from Windows client to Linux server: Hello, I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question. However, I am at the end of my rope here. I need to rpc from a windows 10 client to a linux (RHEL 7) server. I am very new to rpc (must be DCE RPC), so If you have a working example (hello world maybe?)...
  4. linux

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    linux: i have done all the required things to enable the bash command line but i am not able to use it and i have gone through this link many times and it showing same error come back later...
  5. Back to Windows 10 from Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back to Windows 10 from Linux: I have installed Linux on my laptop after cleaning it completely, but I need to Install Windows 10 back on my PC. I have saved my product key. Is it possible to do that and how....
  6. Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows HOST, attach Linux external USB to Linux VM: Hi there I usually run a LINUX HOST for testing Windows VM's - but I need to test some new releases of various Linux distros so I've created some VM's --easy enough and running them on a Windows Host. However I can't attach a USB drive with a Linux file system (XFS) to...
  7. How to delete contents of a Linux formatted external disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete contents of a Linux formatted external disk?: I have this USB disk that is formatted using Linux system (I believe it is ext2 or ext3). It is used to save TV-recordings. I use Linux Reader to copy these recordings onto my Windows pc. Am looking for a portable tool, similar to Linux Reader, that can also delete the...
  8. Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux: Good evening, I have just purchased an install disk of Linux 18.3 Cinnamon. I want to install and have windows running somewhere so that I can run PC-DMIS and Autodesk. How do I set that up? I would rather it run in the background where it cant be seen. Also, How much disk...
  9. Can't connect to shared external USB from Linux/Android,can from Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to shared external USB from Linux/Android,can from Win10: I've got a weird one that I can't seem to solve. I have a Windows 10 Home desktop with a permanently attached external USB HD. The internal drives are share from with everyone privileges at a folder level and a drive level (for testing). Homegroup is turned off...
  10. Boot from a linux DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a linux DVD: Can someone give a simple method so I can boot from a DVD drive which has a linux DVD? I am not interested in having duel boot capability. 53972