Windows 10: Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

Discus and support Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a single disk laptop which I installed KDE Neon on. Now I want to remove it. Will I be able to simply download AOMEI tool and delete the Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RealisticInterest6, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

I have a single disk laptop which I installed KDE Neon on. Now I want to remove it. Will I be able to simply download AOMEI tool and delete the Linux partition and use the built in fixmbr option? Every tutorial on yt has comments saying command lines are unreliable and I’m not technical at all. If I use AOMEI tool to fix mbr can I also turn secure boot back on without breaking my system?

submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RealisticInterest6, Apr 29, 2020

2. error no such partition; entering rescue mode; grub rescue> after deleting linux partition

my laptop is dual booted with windows 10 and fedora Linux. then I deleted Linux installed partition and in disk management. after I restarting the laptop, error no such partition, entering recue mode, grub rescue> message appears. how can I get back to
    windows 10 and remove Linux completely.

DASUNAROSHANA, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Installer deletes linux partition

I have a Ubuntu and windows dual-boot and while upgrading to widows 10 during one of the restarts grub wouldn't boot a partition and went into recovery so I used a Ubuntu live CD and GParted informed
    me that my linux partition was missing. It was listed as un-allocated. This means that the Windows 10 installer deleted that partition. (The helpdesk told me to post it here)

dutchessssssss, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

moving my linux mint partition to another hard drive

That would be safer indeed. To avoid any confusion, i would suggest you unplug your 3TB during installation.

After the installation, plug the 3TB back online. At that point, both hard drives will be bootable, so you'll have to set the highest priority to your 1TB in the bios boot sequence.

Boot on your freshly installed linux mint, and delete the old linux mint partition + associated swap, then run the sudo update-grub command, and your windows partition should be added to the bootloader menu.

blobster21, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

1. Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB) - Similar Threads - Delete Linux Partition

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. Stuck in grub after deleting BOSS GNU LINUX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in grub after deleting BOSS GNU LINUX: Actually I was using dual boot which was pre loaded in my HP laptop but I never used LINUX and deleted it and merge partition to windows 10 after that I restarted my laptop it shows grub screen.I have spent about 2 days in Google YouTube but getting same codes ie. Set boot...
  5. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition: Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a...
  6. GRUB loader still on Windows after uninstalling Linux

GRUB loader still on Windows after uninstalling Linux: I recently uninstalled Linux SteamOS more specificially and now whenever I boot, it takes me to a “GRUB rescue mode screen” and I have to restart and manually choose Windows to boot into it. Can someone help me remove GRUB? By the way, my hard drive is GPT...
  7. Delete Grub Bootloader?

Delete Grub Bootloader?: Hi so I have win10 installed on my current PC but I want to install uBuntu too (how to do that I know). My question is how do I undo this, do I have to boot Win10 and delete the partition from uBuntu or do I have to do something on uBuntu myself? Grub Bootloader löschen?
  8. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  9. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Linux partition with GPT: How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup? submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6 [link] [comments]...
  10. Linux Grub took over my boot process.

Linux Grub took over my boot process.: Good Morning. I have been running a quad boot system (Windows 10 new, Windows 10 older version , Windows 7 and recently I added Linux mint). Windows 10 new is on a SSD, Windows 10 Old is on a separate SSD. Windows 7 is on separate hard drive as was Mint. Now Mint is on...