Windows 10: Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail.

Discus and support Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I had Windows Live Mail you had an option to select remove from server after viewing/reading. Where is this option in Windows 10 Mail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MightyOne, Dec 6, 2018.

1. MightyOne Win User

Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail.

When I had Windows Live Mail you had an option to select remove from server after viewing/reading. Where is this option in Windows 10 Mail.

:)

MightyOne, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 6, 2018
  3. understanding mail servers

ive been working on a mail server for my linux box. i do not want to use my ISPs mail server to send and receive mail. my isp does allow me to have smtp,pop and imap ports open. i have no issue setting up postfix and smtpd authentication, however, i feel i dont know enough about how email works to get it working properly.

first, i have sent emails and received emails. receiving always works, but sending is sporadic. i am told that is because of all the checks mail servers like yahoo and msn have to filter out spam. what do i need to know about global mail networks to get my system up and running flawlessly?

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Jizzler Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail. [​IMG]

Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail. [​IMG]

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail. - Similar Threads - Delete Mail server

2. Delete mail directly from Spam folder in Microsoft mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete mail directly from Spam folder in Microsoft mail: If I delete mail from my spam folder, it is moved to my trash folder. I then have to delete it again. It is time consuming as I keep some of the trash for a couple of months. The spam folder has messages that I want to delete immediately. Blocking a site really does not work...
  3. Mail server settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail server settings: Every few months, I have to go through the process of re-learning how to restore or update my mail server settings since my e-mail fails when trying to send a picture from Lightroom Classic. It seems like each time I need to do this it just gets worse and worse, I can't seem...
  4. Deleting multiple e- mails from Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting multiple e- mails from Windows Mail: Since I've moved to Windows 10 edge, and had to go onto Windows mail, I've discovered I can no longer delete a lot of e mails in one go. I used to be able to do this when I was on Windows live mail. It's very useful as I get lots of notifications in one day from a facebook...
  5. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?: Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on the server or not. Thunderbird on my desktop lets me move deleted messages to trash folder. Email app on my Android phone...
  6. Deleting mail from the Inbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting mail from the Inbox: I use Windows Live Mail. Recently, I have been unable to delete mail from the Inbox. Neither the X in the tool bar nor the delete key on the keyboard will get rid of them. What??...
  7. Window 10 Mail deleting from the server

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Window 10 Mail deleting from the server: Hi, I have just recently started using Windows 10 mail. I would like to be able to delete and put emails into folders without disturbing any emails on the actual server. I want the server to remain intact so others can read things of interest to them. Is this possible in...
  8. my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?: Where do I look to find out the name of my incoming mail server and my outgoing mail server STMP? I new to this computer stuff, please help....
  9. deleting mail

in Browsers and Email
    deleting mail: WIN 10 build 10162. How do I delete all mail at once? Mail I do not want to read, junk mail etc. How do I empty the junk folder? 8289
  10. deleting mail

in Browsers and Email
    deleting mail: Is there any way to delete all mail, delete all junk (folder) , empty trash with one click as in ie11? 9532