Windows 10: Delete many tiny files fast?

Discus and support Delete many tiny files fast? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, what is a recommended way to delete many small files... fast? And by many small files, I'm talking about in excess of 1 million files in one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vgchat, Feb 7, 2020.

1. vgchat Win User

Delete many tiny files fast?

Hi there, what is a recommended way to delete many small files... fast?

And by many small files, I'm talking about in excess of 1 million files in one session.

So what I'm doing is extracting geocities archives, compressing images and rezipping them. In one archive, I'm dealing with 3.2M files measuring over 70GB. Over 100K files is enough to overwhelm the recycle bin usually to a point where it becomes laggy.

:)

vgchat, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

why not just sort the folder by file size and manually delete all the tiny ones every now and then?

Mussels, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 7, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Delete many tiny files fast? - Similar Threads - Delete many tiny

2. Tiny, Tiny Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiny, Tiny Text: Hi. I'm running Windows 10, the newest iteration. All of a sudden yesterday a lot of text was so small I could barely read it. Web pages are ok except for Firefox new page text under the most used and sponsored links. Task bar and task tray apps are small when you right...
  3. Tiny, Tiny Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiny, Tiny Text: Hi. I'm running Windows 10, the newest iteration. All of a sudden yesterday a lot of text was so small I could barely read it. Web pages are ok except for Firefox new page text under the most used and sponsored links. Task bar and task tray apps are small when you right...
  4. Tiny, Tiny Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tiny text when copying/moving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiny text when copying/moving files: Not sure if this is a bug from a recent update, but when copying or moving files the text for "copy to desktop" for example is now really tiny and unreadable.All other text has remained the same.I've been through the font size and DPI scaling but that doesn't seem to affect...
  6. Tiny text when copying/moving files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiny text when copying/moving files: Not sure if this is a bug from a recent update, but when copying or moving files the text for "copy to desktop" for example is now really tiny and unreadable.All other text has remained the same.I've been through the font size and DPI scaling but that doesn't seem to affect...
  7. Tiny text when copying/moving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Ctrl+Z deleted many files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl+Z deleted many files: I had a folder full of files I was using for a video. Photoshop files, images, and audio that I was using and spent a lot of time on. I brought some of them over into Premiere from the explorer, and was going back and forth between the explorer and Premiere moving and...
  9. How to delete large folder >500 MB with thousands of files fast?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete large folder >500 MB with thousands of files fast?: In Win10, I have tried windows explorer and all the suggestions on the internet about this and it doesn't work. I have tried cmd/powershellAdmin with commands such asDEL /F/Q/S *.* > NUL and it doesnt appear to work. When I use explorer, it takes hours to delete a large...
  10. Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....: I am using Thunderbird mail client version 72.0b2 (32 bit) and the font is really small. I can;t figure out how to make it bigger and any add-ons say they are not compatible with this version of Thunderbird. I first tried version 68.3.1 but ran into the same problem. I use...