Windows 10: Delete Microsoft Edge without problems?

Discus and support Delete Microsoft Edge without problems? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Good evening, folks. I have a question about Windows 10. Last week I had to restart the computer for new updates, which I did. So far no problem,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by erdbeershake92, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Delete Microsoft Edge without problems?

Good evening, folks.

I have a question about Windows 10.

Last week I had to restart the computer for new updates, which I did.

So far no problem, but at startup Windows 10 installed Microsoft Edge by itself.

Now I wanted to ask if I can uninstall it without any problems or if it could have consequences.

:)

erdbeershake92, Jul 14, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 14, 2020
  3. microsoft edge will not open on windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

• Does the same issue occur when you connect to the internet through Internet Explorer?

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Delete the Browser history

Follow the steps in below article to clear browser history in Microsoft Edge:

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Method 2: Reset Microsoft Edge

Follow the below steps to reset Microsoft Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Navigate to the below location and delete everything in this folder.
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

• Check if the issue is resolved, if not restart the system.
    Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Delete Microsoft Edge without problems?

Delete all favorites from Edge?

The link in step 3 below will show you how to unblock the .zip file. It basically allows you to run it without Windows blocking it.

Using the steps below will reset Microsoft Edge and delete all of it's favorites.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Delete Microsoft Edge without problems?

1. Delete Microsoft Edge without problems? - Similar Threads - Delete Microsoft Edge

2. Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had my computer worked on and somehow I am seeing multiple people's passwords in my Microsoft Edge Wallet. How do I delete more than one password at a time? If I have to, how do I delete all of them? I delete some but then they come back....
  3. Microsoft Edge problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge problems: Why can I no longer download my personal movies I have taken from my i-phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-problems/275975da-984d-42b8-9637-f6da4f4f8309
  4. How to delete Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete Microsoft Edge: I don't want to use Edge - how can I delete from notebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-edge/72d9057b-fda3-4b01-be7b-d898595f5e8d
  5. microsoft edge problem

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge problem: when I run Netflix on edge browser then I switch to full screen mode black screen comes but audio works fine what should I do I already reinstalled windows twice 145942
  6. microsoft edge problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    microsoft edge problem: when I run Netflix on edge browser then I switch to full screen mode black screen comes but audio works fine what should I do I already reinstalled windows twice 145942
  7. Microsoft Edge problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge problem: I can no longer open Microsoft Edge on my computer. What can I do to restore it it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-problem/ce8892f3-0f06-46b8-bb8d-94df6fde0ae5
  8. Deleting Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting Microsoft Edge: Is there any way of uninstalling Edge? The Terminate button doesn't respond and the Uninstall command is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-microsoft-edge/ee09b8d0-5964-4b84-a13c-f804bc8292d3
  9. Microsoft edge problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge problems: I've downloaded Win 10 (free upgrade) and I love it, but the windows edge is another matter, I seem to be having constant problems with spam and spyware/BHO, type things eversince, and the program is slow in general. I have an anti-virus installed, but can't seem to get into...
  10. Problem with Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Microsoft Edge: Hi. I have windows 10 using Edge not IE,On some sites I get a screen saying to refresh my browser.It's not only the one in question it happens on other sites as well.My Anti vir is Kaspersky with Full licence. Any help on this Please. See Screen shot.Many Thanks. 25585