Windows 10: Delete ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Delete ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users have reported seeing ms-resource:AppName/Text mutant/rogue entry on Start menu after upgrading to later versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 6, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Delete ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Windows 10 Start Menu

WinClub, Nov 6, 2019

2. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 6, 2019
  3. dm33tri Win User
    Phantom app in start menu

In the start menu I have item named @{Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsFeedback/FeedbackApp.Resources/Appname/Text} which can not be deleted nor launched.

App is not on the get-appxpackage's list also. How do I get rid of it?

dm33tri, Nov 6, 2019
  4. bo elam Win User

ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Start menu

After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called ms-resource:AppName/Text (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and a DistributedCom Error 10001 is logged in Events log. .

Delete ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Windows 10 Start Menu [​IMG]

When I click to open Settings for this app, this opens. Searches for Holographic tell me this thing is related to Mixed reality

Delete ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Windows 10 Start Menu [​IMG]

I never used Mixed reality and I am not interested in using anything like it. After updating to 1903, with pleasure, I clicked to uninstall Mixed reality. So, perhaps this entry is a leftover after I uninstalled Mixed reality. Or, it was leftover in my Start menu by the upgrade to 1903.

No matter what, I like to get rid of it if possible, ....How can I get rid of it? Or, should I ignore it?

Thanks

Bo

bo elam, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Delete ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Delete resource AppName

2. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  3. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  4. Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?: I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-resource-applistname-is-showing-on-my-start/548e87f6-07a5-457d-9cb9-daf7ffbfe3c2
  5. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text: After a volunteer moderator wrote that the solution was to do a clean install, the prior discussion was closed. Doing a clean install is NOT a valid solution. It is a time waster. After several Windows updates this problem remains. It was NOT fixed....
  6. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text (locked thread)

mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text (locked thread): ref now locked thread mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text One of the MVP mods locked the thread after posting this: This issue happens because an app is discontinued by Microsoft in a newer version. When you upgrade from version X to version Y, the apps which...
  7. Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall

Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall: So I rarely scroll through the Start Menu because the letter jump and search functions eliminate the need for that. But recently I was tinkering with the Your Phone App that links my computer to my phone and I found an unknown entry. [ATTACH] I tried the following: 1.)...
  8. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text: I've been playing whack-a-mole with some problem Store had installing "App Installer". I've finally gotten to the point where it seems to be installed correctly. But now I have a mutant entry in Start that reads "ms-resource:AppName/Text". There is no r-click choce that gets...
  9. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text: I've been playing whack-a-mole with some problem Store had installing "App Installer". I've finally gotten to the point where it seems to be installed correctly. But now I have a mutant entry in Start that reads "ms-resource:AppName/Text". There is no r-click choce that gets...
  10. delete context menu entry

delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-resource:appname/text

2. wat is holographicfirstrun/recources/appname

3. ms-resource app display name como remover

4. ms resource appdisplayname remove,
  5. ms-resource appname/text