Windows 10: Delete multiple duplicate folders

Discus and support Delete multiple duplicate folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I dont know where to post this question, but maybe there is a windows trick that would help me with my problem: So I downloaded 3 modpacks and added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Endermitt, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Delete multiple duplicate folders

I dont know where to post this question, but maybe there is a windows trick that would help me with my problem:

So I downloaded 3 modpacks and added all in a mods folder, and it summed 3250 mods and assets files, but I see that many of those files are repeated. How do I make, so that those files with (1) (2) at the end, get deleted?

submitted by /u/Endermitt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Endermitt, Feb 1, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete multiple duplicate folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete multiple duplicate folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Delete multiple duplicate folders

Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Delete multiple duplicate folders

1. Delete multiple duplicate folders - Similar Threads - Delete multiple duplicate

2. Sort and Delete Duplicate Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort and Delete Duplicate Folders: Hi there!I have about 3500 folders in one directory which I recently renamed with Bulk Rename Utility ....BUT ... I screwed up and now have duplicates of nearly all 3500 folders folder content have been duplicated too.It now looks something like this ...3423 - JOHNSON KS 3423...
  3. Sort and Delete Duplicate Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort and Delete Duplicate Folders: Hi there!I have about 3500 folders in one directory which I recently renamed with Bulk Rename Utility ....BUT ... I screwed up and now have duplicates of nearly all 3500 folders folder content have been duplicated too.It now looks something like this ...3423 - JOHNSON KS 3423...
  4. which duplicate folder should I delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which duplicate folder should I delete: I all of a sudden am getting my folders duplicated, so now I two folders one with a 1 after and one without a 1 behind it. Which one should I delete, I have many folders...
  5. issue with deleting duplicate Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    issue with deleting duplicate Desktop folder: Howdy folks! I am new to tenforums, having my normal residence at sevenforums. But I'm attempting to help my wife with her fairly new (June) Asus Tuf laptop with Win10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.1256, AMD Ryzen7, 16GB RAM She somehow ended up with 2 Desktop folders...
  6. delete multiple duplicate photos in chosen drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete multiple duplicate photos in chosen drive: when I used to try to delete duplicate photos it would only keep adding them instead, how can I delete all duplicate photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-multiple-duplicate-photos-in-chosen-drive/080a5980-2395-4524-8abc-2eddbab4ed03
  7. Cannot Delete a Duplicated Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete a Duplicated Folder: I used an installer to install a game on my Games folder. The game didn't appear on my folder, and once i moved my original folder to a different location a new games folder appeared and the new installed game was right there. I deleted the game, but the folder could not be...
  8. how to delete duplicate files in the same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete duplicate files in the same folder: how to delete duplicate files in the same folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-files-in-the-same-folder/bc4d2a1e-02cf-44ef-a9cf-c907c2863472"
  9. Delete multiple folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete multiple folders: I have a folder with 440 folders, half of them are the as another with - copy appended to the name, is there any way I could delete them? I tried the commad prompt using "del *copy" and it didn't work. Any other ideas? 105547
  10. How to delete duplicate system folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete duplicate system folders?: I think I downloaded a .reg file from internet that created double system folders in my computer but I can't remember. They seem to be an extra music, videos, documents, pictures and downloads folder but I cannot put any files in the folder. Anyone know how to delete them?...