Windows 10: Delete multiple folders

Discus and support Delete multiple folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder with 440 folders, half of them are the as another with - copy appended to the name, is there any way I could delete them? I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Mar 5, 2018.

1. rboppy Win User

Delete multiple folders

I have a folder with 440 folders, half of them are the as another with - copy appended to the name, is there any way I could delete them? I tried the commad prompt using "del *copy" and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

:)

rboppy, Mar 5, 2018
  2. JimmyL69 Win User

Duplicated Onedrive entry

Step #5 does not make sense to me....

• If you see multiple folders with OneDrive as the Data, right click on it, and then select Delete.
    It says if you see "multiple" folders (which mean MORE THAN ONE), "click on IT" (which is only ONE). So if you see multiple folders, which "one" do you delete? Also, if you see only one folder, do you delete it???

JimmyL69, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Puttnutt Win User
    Deleting Email Sub-Folders/Trash

I discovered you can hold down the keyboard delete button to delete multiple messages at a time in the deleted items folder.

Puttnutt, Mar 5, 2018
  4. Delete multiple folders

del doesn't work on folders. rmdir is used for that but unfortunately it doesn't work with wildcards.

You can do this in PowerShell:
    Code: powershell "Get-Item '* - Copy' | Remove-Item -Recurse -Force"[/quote] For example:

Code: C:\TEMP\test>dir Directory of C:\TEMP\test 03/06/2018 12:02 PM <DIR> . 03/06/2018 12:02 PM <DIR> .. 03/06/2018 11:47 AM <DIR> a 03/06/2018 11:47 AM <DIR> a - Copy 03/06/2018 11:48 AM <DIR> b 03/06/2018 11:48 AM <DIR> b - Copy 03/06/2018 11:48 AM <DIR> c 03/06/2018 11:48 AM <DIR> c - Copy C:\TEMP\test>powershell "Get-Item '* - Copy' | Remove-Item -Recurse -Force" C:\TEMP\test>dir Directory of C:\TEMP\test 03/06/2018 12:02 PM <DIR> . 03/06/2018 12:02 PM <DIR> .. 03/06/2018 11:47 AM <DIR> a 03/06/2018 11:48 AM <DIR> b 03/06/2018 11:48 AM <DIR> c[/quote]

PolarNettles, Mar 5, 2018
  5. rboppy Win User
    Interesting, it deleted ~220 folders, 4 weren't deleted error said something like 'folder not empty', looked at the folders they were empty, reran the command and it cleared out those four.

Thanks again!

rboppy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Delete multiple folders

1. Delete multiple folders - Similar Threads - Delete multiple folders

2. Deleted folder keeps reappearing on multiple devices Not using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder keeps reappearing on multiple devices Not using OneDrive: This is an issue I've had over the course of over five years and across three systems: In 2018, on a PC running Windows 10 PC A, I accidentally made a folder in my user drive C:\Users\[username]. I'll call this folder "aaa" C:\Users\[username]\aaa because its actual name is...
  3. Deleted folder keeps reappearing on multiple devices Not using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder keeps reappearing on multiple devices Not using OneDrive: This is an issue I've had over the course of over five years and across three systems: In 2018, on a PC running Windows 10 PC A, I accidentally made a folder in my user drive C:\Users\[username]. I'll call this folder "aaa" C:\Users\[username]\aaa because its actual name is...
  4. Multiple documents folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple documents folders: I am so confused by the number of Documents folders on my computer. In the Users folder under my name are two, one that seems to have the files compressed, the other doesn't. Then under My PC is another Documents folder. I never know where things go when I am saving to...
  5. Delete multiple duplicate folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete multiple duplicate folders: I dont know where to post this question, but maybe there is a windows trick that would help me with my problem: So I downloaded 3 modpacks and added all in a mods folder, and it summed 3250 mods and assets files, but I see that many of those files are repeated. How do I...
  6. How to delete multiple fonts from win 10 folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete multiple fonts from win 10 folder?: Hi, I have a problem with my fonts. A long time ago I have installed approximately 7500 fonts. When the fonts manager is opened it freezing because there is too many of them, so I would like to remove all installed fonts excluding default Windows fonts. Is there any way to do...
  7. Multiple accounts deletion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multiple accounts deletion: I have multiple user accounts on my laptop. I want to remove one and even though I have done factory set, it still shows up, but more often than not it disappears off the login screen. I've gone through Settings - Accounts and the only account that is showing is the one I...
  8. Deleting multiple documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting multiple documents: Is there an option or setting to allow deleting of multiple documents in Explorer without highlighting a block and then deleting? At one time I could just select one document, hit Delete, and it would automatically select the next document, and I could continue to...
  9. Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete files from multiple folder through Task Scheduler: Hi, I want to Delete multiple files from multiple folders through Task Scheduler. Is there a command that can execute this requirement? The forfiles script is working for single folder but my expectation is to delete multiple files from two or few folders selected in the...
  10. Multiple Windowsapps folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Windowsapps folders: I just noticed that an instance of the Windowsapps folder have insinuated itself on one of my data partitions, as well as having 6 Windowsapps folders on my system drive. I don't know exactly what's normal about all of this, but I'm pretty sure the one on my data drive...