Windows 10: DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM

Discus and support DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH WHICH APPEARS IN DIFFERENT PROGRAMS.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FREDWOJCIECHOWSKI, Jan 23, 2020.

1. DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM

DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH WHICH APPEARS IN DIFFERENT PROGRAMS.

:)

FREDWOJCIECHOWSKI, Jan 23, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Jan 23, 2020
  4. enso Win User

DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM

1. DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM - Similar Threads - DELETE TAB SEARCH

2. Start search tab bug

in Cortana
    Start search tab bug: Recently, windows rolled out a cumulative 1909 update. It caused search tab bug, no results i.e blank tab with no recents etc. No action works in start search bar, just pops up. Again to resolve this 2020-01 cumulative update for 1909, x64 bit was given. It didn't resolve the...
  3. DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM: DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH WHICH APPEARS IN DIFFERENT PROGRAMS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-new-tab-search-problem/9a88bb0e-f1f8-4e12-a282-30d136d08776
  4. Windows Search Tabbing Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Tabbing Down: Basically whenever I open windows search/setting it will automatically tab me down to the bottom. I just woke up and started having this issue, it's only when I go to the search bar, and anything in windows. I tried unplugging my keyboard to see if that was the issue, maybe...
  5. New Tabs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Tabs: When I visit almost every site and click somewhere, a new tab appears with an advertisement. Is this happening because of something on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/new-tabs/057b2636-39ed-4303-8613-2ccfff7e337f
  6. new tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    new tab: how do I remove the new tab from window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/new-tab/df5a086a-8222-40fb-8652-4cb18823ba1c
  7. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  8. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  9. Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, when I open a new blank tab in Microsoft Edge and I write on it any word and I press Enter, the browser tries to load the http://<searched_word> page rather than performing a search with the default search engine. Why? Thanks Bye 32434
  10. deleted SEARCH

in Windows 10 Support
    deleted SEARCH: I accidentally deleted the SEARCH icon from my task bar and I can't get it back. What is the secret? John 48582