Windows 10: Delete old administrator and create new one

Discus and support Delete old administrator and create new one in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My 90 year old father cannot use his computer anymore and does not have any idea what his administrator password was. He does not want the computer, so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Howlingdogs, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Delete old administrator and create new one

My 90 year old father cannot use his computer anymore and does not have any idea what his administrator password was. He does not want the computer, so he gave it to me. I need to change him out as the administrator to me. How can I do this? Do I need to take the computer to a computer store?

Thanks,

:)

Howlingdogs, Dec 8, 2018

2. Change Administrator on old computer

Hello,

We appreciate that you post your concern here in the Community. To help you change the administrator account on your computer, you may need to
    create a new account first by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to create a new user account
    on your device.

Furthermore, log in to the newly created admin account and then delete the old one from the
    Settings. To do this, you may proceed with the following steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people.
    • Under the Other people section, select the account that you want to delete, and then click the
      Remove button.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, you may check if you can properly remove the old account on your computer.

***If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.***

If you have other concerns, feel free to post it here in the Community.

Joseph Ban, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Delete old administrator and create new one

Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Delete old administrator and create new one

1. Delete old administrator and create new one - Similar Threads - Delete old administrator

2. I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under...: I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under Accounts > Email & Accounts it will not let me remove the old account. I am deactivating the old account and will only be using my new account....
  3. I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under...: I created a new microsoft account, but my old one is listed as the administrator. Under Accounts > Email & Accounts it will not let me remove the old account. I am deactivating the old account and will only be using my new account....
  4. My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.: My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one. My profile is still in the Users folder, but it does not show up for log on or to change the user. Only my wife's profile, which is a standard one. I have tried to create a new administrator profile, but when I go...
  5. My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.

My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.: My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one. My profile is still in the Users folder, but it does not show up for log on or to change the user. Only my wife's profile, which is a standard one. I have tried to create a new administrator profile, but when I go...
  6. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  7. Add new Admin...delete old one

Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  8. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones: How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adminstrator/e45e3442-8943-4c04-93a2-c652cc1b0880
  10. Delete existing profile and create a new one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete existing profile and create a new one: i purchased a computer from Frys. It was a return and the original purchaser has his profile on the computer. How do i delete his profile and create my own?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete windows administrator and create a new one

2. creat my new account and delete the old one?