Windows 10: delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

Discus and support delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Airider, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Airider Win User

delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick).

I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect | Windows 10 Tutorials but I can't find out how to deal with this specific issue .... since the free version only allows "one-shot" -- no "delta" incremental changes -- so I need to totally empty the very expensive (here in Switzerland) USB stick and do it all over again.

IMPORTANT: to make a new install of the free version, must I first chase down and remove ALL Macrium entries from the Registry?!

Please someone direct me to the detailed steps to:

1. empty the stick (also in the computer: HP Elitebook G2 / 500 GB SSD / Windows 10 v 1803), and then

2. install Macrium Reflect free version with the latest image of my laptop (I would follow the instructions to install as given in the beginning of the above-linked thread .... unless there are some specific issue with which to deal, such as cleaning it from the Registry first!)

Thanks in advance,
    Lee

:)

Airider, Oct 16, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 16, 2018
  3. HDD imaging - image as a file?

Hello

I have 3 HDDs but not all are available fully

-HDD1 500GB hdd , has XP , 150 GB unused space , formatting it is not an option currently
    -HDD2 640GB HDD, has XP , lots of used but unneeded space (films , game installs) , this one is actually to be formatted , ...more on that later
    -HDD3 160GB Hdd , has win7 64 , 100GB free space , used currently so no format possible here either.

I need to schuffle , a bit, there's a new PC coming and HDDs are mixed so , the old ones go to old PCs and installs need to be reinstalled again , but since there are ways to cut this work down , and there is nothing wrong with the current installs I rather use HDD image to make a backup copy of ENTIRE drive , so I can place that image onto a HDD that is used but has enogh free space

Is there a way to actually move HDD images like a file , around ? So I can image the HDD3 , move(like a file) the HDD3 win7 install to HDD1 , make an imgage of HDD2 Xp and burn it(useable and bootable) to the then empty HDD3 , and then make a new win7 install for the then empty HDD2 on the new pc.

Currently it's the new HDD being used on an old pc , it's just a lot of shifting around , since I took the old HDD for my self hehe.

RuskiSnajper, Oct 16, 2018
  4. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

1. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image - Similar Threads - delete old Macrium

2. Rename Macrium Image File?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Rename Macrium Image File?: I was recently trying out Macrium Free 7.2 and a couple of questions came up. I created a disk image and left the settings at defaults. There was the part of the process where you direct the file to the destination folder, and this is where there was a warning to NOT change...
  3. Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging)

Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging): Hi folks The standalone version of Free Macrium will backup and restore Linux systems -- but with a slight proviso you will probably have to re-generate the bootloader / grub on the first boot of the restored system. I'm specifying IMAGING the systems and not cloning them as...
  4. Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect

Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect: In the past I was able to restore a Disk Image in the Windows 10 interface without using the Rescue Disk. Lately this is no longer possible and restoration through the Rescue Disk is the only way now. This is not a big hassle but it is an unwelcome nag. Is it possible to go...
  5. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  6. Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image?

Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image?: I have found the need (desire) to restore a particular folder or file from a Macrium Free image of one of my hard disks. Is this possible? Thank you. 124986
  7. Macrium Reflect Free not deleting old backup images.

Macrium Reflect Free not deleting old backup images.: Hi, I have Macrium's retention policy set to delete images older than 7 weeks, but it is not deleting them. I have at least two images it should purge before starting a new backup. It says '2 sets found', then 'nothing to delete' - even though the two oldest images were made...
  8. Macrium Reflect image will not delete?

Macrium Reflect image will not delete?: I've been using the free version for a few years. I downloaded the paid home version's 30 day trial. Before running my daily, scheduled backup to an external drive, I ran a test image to a flash drive (T:\Macrium TEST Onedrive\BE1C13BDDEE1C020-00-00.mrbak). I tried to delete...
  9. Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files

Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files: Hello All, I just found deleting old image files is not allowed. Recent Update: Macrium Reflect v7.1.2614, 09/29/17 - [img] - Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated! Note: I tried to sign up with Macrium v7 Forums and learned I apparently am not intelligent...
  10. New to Macrium: System Image

New to Macrium: System Image: My setup: 256 GB SSD holding the C drive "Local Disc C" which includes my Programs among other usual files, 190 GB free of 223 GB. I have my Personal Folders (Documents, Pictures etc., Downloads, Searches etc.) on a 2 TB internal rotational drive D. Therefore these folders on...