Windows 10: Delete Old Profiles? GPO

Discus and support Delete Old Profiles? GPO in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, We have a Folder Redirect for staff so files are roaming but not for students, so students accounts are stored on the SSD, at the moment every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Whelan189, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Whelan189 Win User

Delete Old Profiles? GPO

Hello,

We have a Folder Redirect for staff so files are roaming but not for students, so students accounts are stored on the SSD, at the moment every so often I have to manually log into the machine and delete the profiles needed. this is time consuming and also if left too long render computer non usuable when gets completly full.

I found the Delete profile GPO and tried this however the problem with this is it delete the built-in admin profiles that the GPO uses for some things on staff accounts, shortcuts and other things.

Now I'm trying to think of a way to automate this process with this in mind.

Best regards

:)

Whelan189, Jan 24, 2019

2. Delete user profile after x days GPO for Win10

Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> System -> User Profiles

• "Delete user profiles older than a specified number of days on system restart"
    This GPO is supposed to delete any user profile older than x amount of days but fails to do so because my antivirus will run a scan on the profile and update the "last modified" property. Apparently there's a KB(983544) that fixes this issue in Windows
    7 but it's not compatible with Windows 10. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Harvard James III, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Deleting old MS account profile photos

Hello Paul,

Are you referring to the local account profile picture? If you are, there's no automatic method of deleting profile picture. However, you can still remove unwanted profile pictures through
    Windows Explorer. Follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button.
    • Copy and paste the path below and then press Enter.
      • %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • Delete the unwanted profile picture.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Pauloxo Win User

Delete Old Profiles? GPO

Deleting old MS account profile photos

I found the solution by going to file explorer/search/this PC/account pictures

thankyou

Pauloxo, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Delete Old Profiles? GPO

1. Delete Old Profiles? GPO - Similar Threads - Delete Old Profiles

2. Require GPO Policy to Setup PCs with auto login to delete user profile upon each reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require GPO Policy to Setup PCs with auto login to delete user profile upon each reboot: Require GPO Policy to Setup PCs with auto login to delete user profile upon each reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-gpo-policy-to-setup-pcs-with-auto-login-to/f981f881-d966-4b8b-8302-81488909b7a4
  3. Require GPO Policy to Setup PCs with auto login to delete user profile upon each reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require GPO Policy to Setup PCs with auto login to delete user profile upon each reboot: Require GPO Policy to Setup PCs with auto login to delete user profile upon each reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-gpo-policy-to-setup-pcs-with-auto-login-to/f981f881-d966-4b8b-8302-81488909b7a4
  4. Require GPO Policy to Setup PCs with auto login to delete user profile upon each reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices: Does anyone know of or have, a method to delete users profiles properly from client devices, of deleted domain users. By "properly" I mean that it emulates the process of going to Properties >> Advanced System Settings >> Advanced TAB >> User profiles.With the early days of...
  6. Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices: Does anyone know of or have, a method to delete users profiles properly from client devices, of deleted domain users. By "properly" I mean that it emulates the process of going to Properties >> Advanced System Settings >> Advanced TAB >> User profiles.With the early days of...
  7. Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Deleting old network connections/profiles and changing the name back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old network connections/profiles and changing the name back?: So I have for example "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter #2" or "Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #3 in my Network adapters list in device manager. Also Microsoft Wi-FI direct Virtual Adapter #2. This makes me crazy and i want to learn how to properly arrest it...
  9. Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?): Hello, Want to select to delete profiles older then 30 days, however, there is some accounts like admin and local admin I do not want it to delete as it will cause issues, what options is there? Grateful for any guidance, many thanks. 122466
  10. can't delete old user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't delete old user profiles: help please i cant delete the old profile name in user/ folder microsoft tech support ruined it 85151

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove old profiles gpo

2. gpo to delete old profiles