Windows 10: Delete old router

Discus and support Delete old router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, BT have just installed a new router for me and taken away the old one. My pc is connected to the new router but it is still trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ValChester, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Delete old router

Hi there, BT have just installed a new router for me and taken away the old one. My pc is connected to the new router but it is still trying to connect to the old router that isn't there any more causing me to have problems with signal dropping. Can anyone tell me how to delete my old router from the pop up list on the right bottom hand corner of the screen. I have looked on various internet sites and they all say go to "manage your internet" but I don't have that option on mine.

:)

ValChester, Feb 11, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 11, 2020
  3. auggy Win User
    Delete old PC name from list of networked devices

Check in the router settings to see if the old PC is listed and, if so, disable or delete the device there.

auggy, Feb 11, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Delete old router

take old router off

Hi Sue,

Do you mean the old router is still listed on your PC as well as the new one?

If not please explain what you are seeing on your PC . . .

DaveM121, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Delete old router

1. Delete old router - Similar Threads - Delete old router

2. delete old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete old account: I have 2 accounts on my Windows 10 PC. One's an old one based on a now-deleted email address. I need to get rid of that account so my new one, with my current email address, works properly...
  3. delete old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete old account: I have 2 accounts on my Windows 10 PC. One's an old one based on a now-deleted email address. I need to get rid of that account so my new one, with my current email address, works properly...
  4. Deleting old emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old emails: Hello, I am trying to delete old email, but still been able to check them. email - Hotmail Please advise me how to do it Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-emails/f87a0ebd-538f-44f3-b0c2-fe64d901dd15
  5. Deleting old emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old emails: Hello, I am trying to delete old email, but still been able to check them. email - Hotmail Please advise me how to do it Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-emails/f87a0ebd-538f-44f3-b0c2-fe64d901dd15
  6. Delete old windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete old windows: I just upgraded to SSD and installed fresh windows in it. Nowhow can I delete the old windows installed on my HDD? Will just deleting the windows folder in the drive do the job or is there any workaround?...
  7. Old Wifi Router: NetGear WNR2000-100NAS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Wifi Router: NetGear WNR2000-100NAS: Is there a way to make this work with Windows 10? Changing settings, perhaps? If not, please recommend a small router for an apartment. Barely 500 sq ft....
  8. deleting an old app

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting an old app: Hi I am trying to delete an old Spanish bank account that is on my tile apps wont let me put in recycle bin or delete, any suggestions King regards David Cairns https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-an-old-app/0c31d62c-0397-4d9d-b253-f1650cd55389
  9. delete windows old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete windows old: how do I delete windows old from my Toshiba tablet it keep saying I need administratorpermmisn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/delete-windows-old/a4c97ee1-eb22-40b8-8980-5140d8613ce7"
  10. delete old email

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete old email: I know longer use this email, dcummings @centurytel.net how do delete it ? I use google now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-old-email/e05375b7-dc9d-4155-9c63-0da02552a414