Windows 10: Delete Old Windows

Discus and support Delete Old Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a rather large file taking up valuable space on my primary hard drive. I know that long ago perhaps on Windows 7 when that file appeared I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by huffman, Jan 4, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Delete Old Windows

I have a rather large file taking up valuable space on my primary hard drive. I know that long ago perhaps on Windows 7 when that file appeared I just deleted it. That does NOT seem to work well with Windows 10. I tried going into Safe Mode to delete it, but that just got me into trouble and it did NOT do a very efficient job at that.

What is the best way to delete the "old windows" files? Perhaps there is some software will do it better and more efficient.

Suggestions are appreciated.

:)

huffman, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Delete old version of windows

Hi Erle,

Some running files or services may be preventing you from deleting the old version of Windows on your computer, or there may be a conflict regarding permissions. We'd like to know some things to get a better picture of the problem and help you resolve it.
    Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to delete the Windows.old folder?
    • What error do you get when deleting the file?
    • Did you find the Previous Windows installation(s) file when you ran Disk Cleanup?
    • How long has it been since you upgraded the computer to Windows 10?

You can try the suggestions shared by SpiritX MS MVP on this
    page
    to permanently delete the folder of your previous operating system.

Let us know if any of the steps work for you.

We'll be glad to offer additional assistance if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 4, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Delete Old Windows

Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Delete Old Windows

1. Delete Old Windows - Similar Threads - Delete Old

2. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting accounts on old laptop.: I have two accounts on my original laptop. I have transfered one of these accounts onto my new laptop. I now want to delete the transfered account from my original laptop. My problem is; if I delete the account from my original laptop will it delete all the files that i...
  3. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting accounts on old laptop.: I have two accounts on my original laptop. I have transfered one of these accounts onto my new laptop. I now want to delete the transfered account from my original laptop. My problem is; if I delete the account from my original laptop will it delete all the files that i...
  4. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  6. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  7. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

10. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"