Windows 10: Delete old windows

Discus and support Delete old windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded to SSD and installed fresh windows in it. Nowhow can I delete the old windows installed on my HDD? Will just deleting the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nishalsreekanta, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Delete old windows

I just upgraded to SSD and installed fresh windows in it. Nowhow can I delete the old windows installed on my HDD? Will just deleting the windows folder in the drive do the job or is there any workaround?

:)

nishalsreekanta, Oct 29, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Oct 29, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Delete old windows

Delete old version of windows

Hi Erle,

Some running files or services may be preventing you from deleting the old version of Windows on your computer, or there may be a conflict regarding permissions. We'd like to know some things to get a better picture of the problem and help you resolve it.
    Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to delete the Windows.old folder?
    • What error do you get when deleting the file?
    • Did you find the Previous Windows installation(s) file when you ran Disk Cleanup?
    • How long has it been since you upgraded the computer to Windows 10?

You can try the suggestions shared by SpiritX MS MVP on this
    page
    to permanently delete the folder of your previous operating system.

Let us know if any of the steps work for you.

We'll be glad to offer additional assistance if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Delete old windows

1. Delete old windows - Similar Threads - Delete old

2. Old email not deleting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old email not deleting: My email is refusing to delete from my computer I have factory reset my computer put my new email in but when it boots up my old email comes up. I have tried removing it from setting, I put in my new email but then it goes done and my old email comes up. I have no idea how it...
  3. recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old: Need to recover a deleted folder of documents emptied from recycle bin by mistake. Note: restore point too old. Will not shutdown my computer until restore made....
  4. Windows 10 Pro - 20H2 - Deleted old Web credentials keep coming back - How can I delete...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - 20H2 - Deleted old Web credentials keep coming back - How can I delete...: Managed to delete the bulk of old IE11 Web Credentials but 3 entries persist on one of my machines. They can be removed but will reappear after a reboot and are only removed for the current user session. - If I sign in to the machine with a local account instead of the...
  5. Old Deleted Files and/ or Shortcuts Appear On The Desktop After A Short Time

Old Deleted Files and/ or Shortcuts Appear On The Desktop After A Short Time: I currently use two monitors and if i switch to use one, Old deleted files and/ or shortcuts appear on the desktop after a short time. If i try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the file? Note, these files where deleted from the desktop at some point, I'm not saying...
  6. Added new primary alias to delete old one. Trying to verify account on Windows 10, keep...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Added new primary alias to delete old one. Trying to verify account on Windows 10, keep...: I've been trying to fix some account issues, one of them being my main live account uses a slightly different variation of my email that I don't like. I've added the proper variation as an alias and made it my primary account this account is the one that's tied to my...
  7. can NOT delete old email from windows 10 accounts. and cant add the new email

can NOT delete old email from windows 10 accounts. and cant add the new email: i used to have an email address that i used to sign into windows... i since have gone to another one. i went to windows online and deleted the old one off as primary and its no where on there anymore. but , on my pc i still see it as my login email for windows and i have...
  8. Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.: I just reinstalled this Saturday, files were gone on Monday after finishing windows updates. My documents folder was tiny but had tons of important shit in it, yet inside the windows.old folder the old windows directory is 8+ gigs. What the fuck is going on? submitted by...
  9. Delete / Disassociate an old Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete / Disassociate an old Microsoft Account: I created a new Microsoft Account and purchased a family license for Office 365. I have an old "work" account associated on the same Surface tablet. I need to delete this prior account. I cannot find the delete option. Many thanks...
  10. Merge two accounts or delete old account and transfer over game purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Merge two accounts or delete old account and transfer over game purchase: Hello, I have an old Microsoft account that I no longer use, but I own Minecraft for Windows 10 on it. I would like to merge that old account with my current account with all of my other Microsoft purchases, so that I can download and play this game. I do not want to spend...