Windows 10: Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer

Discus and support Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We are using OneDrive for business in our office. I link OneDrive to my business email address for a long time. Couple of days ago I linked of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samerrustom, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer

We are using OneDrive for business in our office. I link OneDrive to my business email address for a long time. Couple of days ago I linked of our colleague account to copy some folders to my desktop.

After copying his data I unlinked his account but the OneDrive icon is still drive. Today I unlinked my account then delete the OneDrive folders from my account but this blue icon is still there.

Please help me

Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer [​IMG]

:)

samerrustom, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Preview pane (file explorer) not always working on OneDrive files

Thank you for getting back to us.

Noting all the information that you have provided.

Since the above troubleshooting steps did not work, let us clear the File Explorer history.

• Type control in the search box from Start. Then click Control Panel from the result.
    • Enter file in the search box on the top right of the Control Panel window. Then click File Explorer Options from the result.
    • Click Clear to clear File Explorer history. Then click Apply > OK.
    • Press the Windows logo key and E at the same time to open your File Explorer and check to see if it works fine.

It's also possible that the issue is on OneDrive. Let us see if resetting the OneDrive app will do the trick. Don't worry it won't delete any of your files saved to your OneDrive.

• Press the Windows key + R.

• In the Run window, enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click OK.

• Make sure the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two. Here’s how to check: Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• If the OneDrive icon doesn’t re-appear after a few minutes, open the Run window again and enter:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

Open 'OneDrive' folder from the Start menu/AllApps list.

Edwin, Mar 4, 2021
  4. temp02 Win User

Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer

1. Delete Onedrive icon from file explorer - Similar Threads - Delete Onedrive icon

2. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  3. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  4. Onedrive missing from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive missing from File Explorer: My problem is when I open up File Explorer onedrive is missing. How do I get to show up? I'm running the most current home version on my HP laptop. I have tried to find a solution, but nothing applies. Help would be appreciated. Please note that in the Category list there...
  5. OneDrive icon has vanished from File Explorer navigation pane

OneDrive icon has vanished from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi My new PC has an SSD containing Windows, programs etc and a 1 TB solid state drive, which was empty when new. I followed the official instructions from MS to move my OneDrive folder from the SSD and onto the solid state drive where there is much more space. Everything...
  6. Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer: In my Personal one drive that's in file explorer I have a folder that's now empty. I think I can remember moving the folder out and then I put it back in but now it's empty so no idea what's going on. I do know that recycle bin is empty submitted by /u/TheRedDevils12...
  7. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer: I had to reinstall Windows 10 recently. While I was copying my files to C:\users\[MyName] I discovered that Microsoft pushed the OneDrive service and linked automatically, messing everything with the 5GB limit. I unlinked OneDrive and later uninstalled from Windows. The...
  8. Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Folders and files not deleting in File Explorer: The one drive on my PC always showing uploading files around 205 MB in administrator account but it will stuck to uploading around 25 MB and then again starts from around 10 MB and will again go to around 25 or 27 MB and will continue doing this. There are files in the...
  9. Files not deleting from OneDrive

Files not deleting from OneDrive: Files are not deleted from my OneDrive folder on my PC. Tried deleting them online & it did. While trying to open an image I was also getting an "Invalid value for registry" error. Vijay...
  10. Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix OneDrive icon on file explorer?: [img] any idea to fix this ? 82578