Windows 10: Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop

Discus and support Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently reset my windows 10 Laptop and I was 'FORCED' to create a MS account to set the machine up. I was told I could swap it out and use a local... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Digital Wizard, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop

I recently reset my windows 10 Laptop and I was 'FORCED' to create a MS account to set the machine up. I was told I could swap it out and use a local account afterwards and that worked ok. Now I'm getting nag screens to 'fix' a MS account that I don't want. I decided to delete the account from the device. I go to accounts, then under Accounts used by Other Apps, I see the account I wish to remove. I click on the account and there is only a 'Manage' option, no option to remove. The user account is a member of the Administrators group and is running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809. I've I select 'Manage' the system wants me to log into that account. Where is the remove option? In researching this issue on the net, I've seen a 'remove' button in the illustrations. It just seems I'm being forced to participate in something I do not wish to do. Please don't extol the 'advantages' of an MS Account. I just want it GONE.

:)

Digital Wizard, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Maria Fab Win User

removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop

Attempts to delete account result in freeze.

I'm trying to remove a user account off a Toshiba laptop but each time I try to delete the account, the User Accounts thingy freezes. Any ideas on how to delete the account?

beyond_amusia, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop

1. Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop - Similar Threads - Delete option missing

2. Delete option does not appear when trying to remove a re-occuring event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete option does not appear when trying to remove a re-occuring event: It JUST DOESN'T SHOW UP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-option-does-not-appear-when-trying-to/8008befa-6083-4ae7-8e4b-63c5f6b8f89b
  3. Removing my Microsoft account from Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing my Microsoft account from Windows 10: Hello, I had to to log into Windows 10 to download some apps I bought from the Microsoft store, now I want to remove my Microsoft mail or account and use a local account instead "If that’s the case, your best bet is to stop using your Microsoft account and instead use a...
  4. Removing Microsoft Account from Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Microsoft Account from Windows: Hey guys, My friend signed into his account on word to access his google drive but wound up signing into microsoft account on my laptop (if that makes any sense). His email address is now shown as the administrator of my laptop. When I go to Settings to "Accounts used by...
  5. Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account

Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account: I bought a new laptop, and I need to remove the old laptop from my Microsoft account, as I am giving it to a friend who will set up their own account. I cannot see how to do this from the information on my device information. I imagine that I need to delete Outlook, Excel,...
  6. CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 few days back , I had formatted my harddisk completely before installing . Yesterday I provided my Microsoft account for Windows Store and whenever I restart my PC , I have to provide my Microsoft account password. Earlier...
  7. Remove Microsoft Account from Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account from Windows: I have read all of the previous posts and they all say to select the account and click "delete". I am trying to remove my former (no longer active), Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I am not given that option. All it shows for either account (one personal and one old work...
  8. Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device: Hello, everyone! I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to sign in to the account. I want to remove the account from my computer's settings, and to do so, I have gone to Settings >...
  9. Microsoft account sign in option missing

Microsoft account sign in option missing: I have a local account with a sign in password for boot up. After a recent major MS update, I no longer have an option to sign in at boot up using my Microsoft account. When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options ... this is what I see. Any suggestions to...
  10. Removing an account from a Windows 10 laptop?

Removing an account from a Windows 10 laptop?: This laptop used to be my wife's, it's now mine! She had an administrator account, and started the laptop without the need to enter a password! I created a new Admin account in my name, but use a password to start my account, the problem is I cannot delete her account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when did microsoft remove the local account option