Windows 10: Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop

Discus and support Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently reset my windows 10 Laptop and I was 'FORCED' to create a MS account to set the machine up. I was told I could swap it out and use a local... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Digital Wizard, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop

I recently reset my windows 10 Laptop and I was 'FORCED' to create a MS account to set the machine up. I was told I could swap it out and use a local account afterwards and that worked ok. Now I'm getting nag screens to 'fix' a MS account that I don't want. I decided to delete the account from the device. I go to accounts, then under Accounts used by Other Apps, I see the account I wish to remove. I click on the account and there is only a 'Manage' option, no option to remove. The user account is a member of the Administrators group and is running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809. I've I select 'Manage' the system wants me to log into that account. Where is the remove option? In researching this issue on the net, I've seen a 'remove' button in the illustrations. It just seems I'm being forced to participate in something I do not wish to do. Please don't extol the 'advantages' of an MS Account. I just want it GONE.

:)

Digital Wizard, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Maria Fab Win User

removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop

Attempts to delete account result in freeze.

I'm trying to remove a user account off a Toshiba laptop but each time I try to delete the account, the User Accounts thingy freezes. Any ideas on how to delete the account?

beyond_amusia, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop

1. Delete option missing when trying to remove Microsoft Account from Windows 10 Pro Laptop - Similar Threads - Delete option missing

2. Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account: Heya,Today I accidently logged my Microsoft account to my PC. It's the account my Minecraft account is connected to. Now I have to remove the Microsoft account again, but I'm worried that if I delete it I might lose my Minecraft account.Is there any way to remove a Microsoft...
  3. Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account: Heya,Today I accidently logged my Microsoft account to my PC. It's the account my Minecraft account is connected to. Now I have to remove the Microsoft account again, but I'm worried that if I delete it I might lose my Minecraft account.Is there any way to remove a Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Key missing from Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Key missing from Microsoft Account: Earlier this month I purchased a Surface Pro 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. The Surface ended up being defective and I had to exchange it. I have the new Surface set up and I want to upgrade this one to Windows 10 Pro, but when I go to my Microsoft Account my Windows 10...
  5. Remove Microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft account from laptop: Hi all, We recently bought a new laptop Dell for school and linked it to my Microsoft Account without issue. Unfortunately, our child does not want to view documents that we save on another laptop HP which is also linked to my MS account, and wants the laptop for his...
  6. Remove Windows 10 laptop users without deleting Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Windows 10 laptop users without deleting Microsoft account?: I would like to give my old laptop (Win 10) to my sister. I have already created an account for her. Now I want to remove my account on the laptop. But in the internet I only find instructions how to delete the Microsoft account. But I don't want to do that, because I am...
  7. How to remove Microsoft account from a new laptop without deleting Microsoft account from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove Microsoft account from a new laptop without deleting Microsoft account from...: I bought a new laptop, started setting it up but found it had some problems. So I need to return/exchange the product. But before that how do I how to remove Microsoft account from the new laptop without deleting Microsoft account from my other laptops? Thanking one and...
  8. Windows 10 Pro is conspicuously missing from Microsoft's list; and, did they remove the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro is conspicuously missing from Microsoft's list; and, did they remove the...: I think I've found the answer, officially on whether Windows 10 Pro can be made to be HIPAA compliant, specifically in regards to unauthorized access to ePHI information. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/privacy/windows-10-and-privacy-compliance How many small...
  9. Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro: Hello Everyone, I have a Dell laptop running on Windows 10 pro. I associated my Microsoft account as I'm about to reformat/reset the laptop. While doing some test I'm trying to disassociate my Microsoft account from the laptop however the remove option that the forum is...
  10. Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible: Hello, I have a issue at a laptop from a neighbour he has logged in with a old Hotmail adres instead of his local account. Now the option settings - accounts --> to go back to the local account is not there. the only option is manage Microsoft account. The second...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there is no delete option to remove microsoft account

2. remove option missing to remove a microsoft account

3. delete microsoft account windows 10 pro

4. windows 10 microsoft account no remove account option,
  5. removing smode,
  6. when did microsoft remove the local account option