Windows 10: delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete...

Discus and support delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete partition for data recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Apr 18, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete...

delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete partition for data recovery

:)

sanyijani, Apr 18, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: We couldn't delete the selected partition. [Error: 0x800701b1] when trying to delete partition during Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need the following information from you to help you further:

• How are you trying to install Windows?
    • Which partition are you trying to delete?

In the meantime, you can refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Formatting the partition

If you are trying to delete one particular partition, you can format the partition and see if that helps. To format the partition, on the installation screen select the partition that you want to format and click on
    Format.

Method 2: Using Diskpart command

If you are performing a clean installation on the computer and want to delete all the partitions from the computer, you may try using the Diskpart commands. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. On the installation screen press Shift key + F10 to open Command Prompt.
    2. Type Diskpart and hit Enter.
    3. Type list disk.
    4. Type select disk 0.
    5. Type clean.
    6. Now, close command prompt window and continue installation.
    Note: Running clean command will erase all the information from the hard drive.

For more information on performing a clean installation, please refer the article

How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide
    created by PaulSey...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 18, 2021
  4. JodieLThi Win User

delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete...

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

I've tried this and it still doesn't delete the partitions.

JodieLThi, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete... - Similar Threads - delete partition volume

2. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  3. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  4. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format...

Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format...: Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format makes unrecoverable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean-and-delete-volume-makes/49e4795f-f69b-4562-b333-256b21b69ec1
  6. Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart: selamn aleykm my friends when i say diskpartda clean it says virtual disk servicess error what is the solution 161380
  7. clean install after deleting partitions

clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....
  8. Deleted Partition in installation

Deleted Partition in installation: Hello, I was trying to format my disk to install a clean install of windows 10. However, when I formatted the C drive, all my other partitions were lost and they all became unallocated space. Is there any way to save those files. I'm really desparate because they were...
  9. Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions: Clean install from flash drive. I'm just following instructions... All okay up until "...delete each Drive/Partition..." EXCEPT the "Unallocated Space". I do not see the term Unallocated Space. I have 5 partitions 1-5. 1(ESP/System) says don't delete as it's an EFI...
  10. Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition

Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition: I bought a 2nd hand Lenovo Idea pad 100s netbook. It has 32gb eMMC storage. It has WIMBoot. It came with Win10 but has the old owners profile so I want to reinstall a clean copy of windows 10 from usb that I downloaded from Microsoft. 2 questions: 1. Can I delete the...