Windows 10: Delete people from the People App

Discus and support Delete people from the People App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot delete people from my people app. This is ridiculous. My friend has died. For goodness sake why are you telling me I cannot do this. If I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by crackerbiscuit, May 17, 2019.

1. Delete people from the People App

I cannot delete people from my people app. This is ridiculous. My friend has died. For goodness sake why are you telling me I cannot do this. If I want to do; it the please permit me.

:)

crackerbiscuit, May 17, 2019

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 17, 2019
  3. People app error code: 0x800706d9

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to remove the account from the People app and add it again by following the steps below and check.

• Open People App and click on the "..." icon.
    • Select Settings and then click on your email account.
    • Finally click on Delete Account and then select Delete.

To add an account:

• Open People App and click on the "..." icon.
    • Select Settings and then click on your email account.
    • Select + add account and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 17, 2019
  4. dscanlon Win User

Delete people from the People App

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Delete people from the People App

1. Delete people from the People App - Similar Threads - Delete App

2. Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?: Hi, i have this Acer gaming laptop which comes with Windows 10 and i upgraded it to Windows 11 before, but it has few problems such as the whole system yes including windows and everything lags or stutters, so i came to conclusion that downgrading to Windows 10 might be the...
  3. Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?: Hi, i have this Acer gaming laptop which comes with Windows 10 and i upgraded it to Windows 11 before, but it has few problems such as the whole system yes including windows and everything lags or stutters, so i came to conclusion that downgrading to Windows 10 might be the...
  4. I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?: Hi,I accindently deleted Run from windows, that opens the apps, document or picture that i typed,Is there a download link for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accindently-deleted-the-run-app-is-there-a/e6f77024-e26d-4548-9da6-c8267a3d0441
  5. I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?

I accindently deleted the run app, Is there a download link for the windows version of run?: Hi,I accindently deleted Run from windows, that opens the apps, document or picture that i typed,Is there a download link for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accindently-deleted-the-run-app-is-there-a/e6f77024-e26d-4548-9da6-c8267a3d0441
  6. Is it OK to delete the icloud outlook support app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it OK to delete the icloud outlook support app: I use iCloud backup for files and photos but I don't use Outlook. Will I cause problems if I delete the iCloud Outlook Support app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-ok-to-delete-the-icloud-outlook-support-app/10be613d-c9e0-422d-992c-b6ea945358c2
  7. Is it OK to delete the icloud outlook support app

Is it OK to delete the icloud outlook support app: I use iCloud backup for files and photos but I don't use Outlook. Will I cause problems if I delete the iCloud Outlook Support app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-ok-to-delete-the-icloud-outlook-support-app/10be613d-c9e0-422d-992c-b6ea945358c2
  8. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  9. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  10. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...