Windows 10: Delete PIN

Discus and support Delete PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using the latest version of Windows with all the current fixes and updates. I cannot figure out what I have to do to delete the PIN on one system.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ken429, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Ken429 Win User

Delete PIN

I am using the latest version of Windows with all the current fixes and updates. I cannot figure out what I have to do to delete the PIN on one system. For some reason Windows grays out the Delete Button. I'm sure it's obvious but I need a little help!

:)

Ken429, Jun 14, 2021

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 14, 2021
  3. PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Jun 14, 2021
  4. JayPhi Win User

Delete PIN

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Delete PIN

1. Delete PIN - Similar Threads - Delete PIN

2. 2 deleted folders are still pinned in Quick Access and I can't unpin them and I also can't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 deleted folders are still pinned in Quick Access and I can't unpin them and I also can't...: What do I do with 2 deleted folders that are still pinned in Quick Access and I can't unpin them and I can't delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-deleted-folders-are-still-pinned-in-quick-access/7506698f-eae8-45e3-8996-7a1a632a9aea
  3. 2 deleted folders are still pinned in Quick Access and I can't unpin them and I also can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 deleted folders are still pinned in Quick Access and I can't unpin them and I also can't...: What do I do with 2 deleted folders that are still pinned in Quick Access and I can't unpin them and I can't delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-deleted-folders-are-still-pinned-in-quick-access/7506698f-eae8-45e3-8996-7a1a632a9aea
  4. 2 deleted folders are still pinned in Quick Access and I can't unpin them and I also can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No box to insert pin, camera not available on Windows 11, after deleting an app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No box to insert pin, camera not available on Windows 11, after deleting an app.: Windows 11. Hp Spectre.I was going to do a scan of my wife's PC. While setting up the scan I had a dialog box saying that I had software that was blocking the scan from going further. The dialog box said it was McAfee software which is not being used on that particular...
  6. No box to insert pin, camera not available on Windows 11, after deleting an app.

No box to insert pin, camera not available on Windows 11, after deleting an app.: Windows 11. Hp Spectre.I was going to do a scan of my wife's PC. While setting up the scan I had a dialog box saying that I had software that was blocking the scan from going further. The dialog box said it was McAfee software which is not being used on that particular...
  7. I cannot delete the pin code when i try to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete the pin code when i try to sign in: what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-the-pin-code-when-i-try-to-sign-in/3c7d8fcc-5d0e-4220-b518-7b97c032ac19
  8. I cannot delete the pin code when i try to sign in

I cannot delete the pin code when i try to sign in: what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-the-pin-code-when-i-try-to-sign-in/3c7d8fcc-5d0e-4220-b518-7b97c032ac19
  9. PIN complexity settings remains after deleting work or school account from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN complexity settings remains after deleting work or school account from PC: I have:Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22621.1702 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0I have an OEM license key.Today I decided to add my school account to my PC because I would like to use Office on my PC instead of only on my laptop.After I added it I went away to...
  10. PIN complexity settings remains after deleting work or school account from PC

PIN complexity settings remains after deleting work or school account from PC: I have:Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22621.1702 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0I have an OEM license key.Today I decided to add my school account to my PC because I would like to use Office on my PC instead of only on my laptop.After I added it I went away to...