Windows 10: "Delete previous version of Windows"?

Discus and support "Delete previous version of Windows"? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After recently updating my Windows with the August update a few days ago, I'm getting a question on my computer now to delete my previous version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vilkas Schmidtzhen, Aug 19, 2019.

1. "Delete previous version of Windows"?

After recently updating my Windows with the August update a few days ago, I'm getting a question on my computer now to delete my previous version of windows, because I'm low on storage space. Just wondering if this is a safe and recommended thing to do? Thanks.

:)

Vilkas Schmidtzhen, Aug 19, 2019
  2. yaylitzis Win User

Deleting previous versions of Windows 10 fails

I am trying to delete C:\Windows.old. I tried this: How to Delete an Old Windows Folder from Windows 10 but the option isn't listed. Then I tried this: Delete Your Previous Version of Windows, where there is the option to delete the previous versions but it doesn't work. I also tried this: How to Delete an Old Windows Folder Without Using a Disk using the command line but nothing again (it says access denied at step 5)... any other way?

yaylitzis, Aug 19, 2019
  3. erase previous version of windows to create space

Perform the steps to delete previous version of windows :-

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings, then choose it from the list of results.

• Select System > Storage > This PC and then scroll down the list and choose Temporary file
    • Under Remove temporary files, select the Previous version of Windows check box and then choose Remove files.

Sanghati Barman, Aug 19, 2019
  4. "Delete previous version of Windows"?

Don't delete "Previous version of Windows" before doing Creators Update

On one computer I deleted "Previous version of Windows" before doing the Creators Update, and this slowed down the update process by first doing a maintenance update of the previous version of Windows 10, followed by a re-download of the Creators Update.

Details:

Before doing a major update I do a system backup to an external hard drive. Before doing such a system backup I usually use "Remove temporary files" to get rid of material I don't need to backup. This is done using "Settings | System | Storage | Local
    storage | Computer (C"Delete previous version of Windows"? :) | Temporary files". The checkbox for "Previous version of Windows" typically gave a simple way of deleting the Windows.old files that "give you the option to go back to your previous version of Windows".

But before the Creators Update, what is labeled as "Previous version of Windows" seems instead to be the pending update and there is no Windows.old folder despite the computer reporting several gigabytes of "Previous version of Windows".

On one computer I deleted "Previous version of Windows" and the Creators Update failed and Windows Update then installed a maintenance update of the previous version of Windows 10, followed by a re-download of the Creators Update. The Creators Update then
    installed without problem.

One the second computer I left "Previous version of Windows" alone and the Creators Update worked first time.

It seems that deleting "Previous version of Windows" actually deletes the pending Creators update.

My experience suggests doing the following:

• Users: don't delete "Previous version of Windows" before doing the Creators Update. It is the Creators Update.
    • Microsoft: don't report the pending Creators Update as "Previous version of Windows" and tempt users to delete it.

Mickey Segal, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

"Delete previous version of Windows"?

1. "Delete previous version of Windows"? - Similar Threads - Delete previous version

2. Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site: Hello,I found that every file in every sharepoint site in our tenant has multiple previous versions, up to 100 per file. Are there any way to delete all previous versions in bulk, except last three for whole site? Or just all previous versions?Thanks in advance...
  3. Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site: Hello,I found that every file in every sharepoint site in our tenant has multiple previous versions, up to 100 per file. Are there any way to delete all previous versions in bulk, except last three for whole site? Or just all previous versions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Restoring previous windows version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring previous windows version: Restoring previous window version stuck on loop, plss help me, If I cant fix this, I wont be able to be present in our online class https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-previous-windows-version/4f9dd09a-7fad-419a-947c-1e2b92b761bb
  5. "Delete Previous version of Window?" Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Delete Previous version of Window?" Windows 10: I've just had this note in my Notifications: [ATTACH] This is the first time I've had this alert. I've checked my Windows C in "This PC" and it show that I have 17.4 GB free of 117 GB. I'd like to ask for advice on the following, please: 1. Am I every likely to need...
  6. Auto Space Saver utility deleting previous versions of Windows ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto Space Saver utility deleting previous versions of Windows ????: the other day, a notification popped up stating that the Auto Space saver was enabled. When I investigated, there was a section at the bottom of the page about deleting previous versions of Windows which i didnt understand . I dont understand why this would be an option?...
  7. Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old

Windows 10 No Delete Previous Version for windows.old: Hi guys, I am been trying to delete the folder windows.old sitting there in my PC. Worst thing is, no matter what I looked, there is no option for 'Removing previous installations'. Anyone can help me with this issue then?...
  8. Previous versions

Previous versions: Hello there! In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from control panel's System properties But when i click on restore previous version on any of the folder in those two drives it...
  9. Restoration of previous version of windows

Restoration of previous version of windows: I was playing video suddenly chrome stopped responding so i press shutdown button and it started updating windows on 13% i again press shutdown it stopped updating and now from past 2hrs its showing blank screen saying Attempting to recover installation and restoring your...
  10. Deleting previous versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting previous versions of windows 10: I have being trying to delete previous verions of windows 10 by clinking on storage, then Temporary files and selecting Previous version of Windows, clicking on remove files, no files are deleted. What can I do now?...