Windows 10: Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk)

Discus and support Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; it is protected, hidden, and read-only for a reason *Wink It's < 8 GB, why not just leave it in case you want to return to the pre-installed OS?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by badrobot, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk)

it is protected, hidden, and read-only for a reason *Wink

It's < 8 GB, why not just leave it in case you want to return to the pre-installed OS?

the answer was in your 1st post ... sort of

Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk) [​IMG]

If you're certain that you want to remove the partition....

try this
    diskpart
    select the disk
    select the partition
    delete partition overrideHope that helps.

OT: spent a few weeks in the hospital, then a few more in rehab. I won't be posting much until I'm more recovered. Focusing and typing are very difficult. I suspect the stroke was bound to happen after the neurosurgeon cut my brain in half 20 years ago to remove a mass. Old age sucks - the alternative is worse though.

Peace!

Slartybart, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Kyhi Win User

Disk 2 is listed as hidden read-only usb disk

remove the SD card... and do list disk again...

Also is the Drive removable ???

Also you can use to see the contents

diskpart
    Select disk 2
    Assign letter=R

3. NavyLCDR New Member
    I expect it is a physical ROM module that is permanently installed.

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk)

I think so. Maybe it's a separate storage from the main 32GB system drive because it's being seen as USB 2.0.

Even the Parted Magic Live USB OS can't get rid of it.

Anyway, I'll just leave it as it is. It's not affecting Windows performance anyway.
    Thanks all for your help and suggestions. I will mark this thread solved but feel free post more suggestions.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk)

1. Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk) - Similar Threads - Delete Protected Recovery

2. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  3. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  4. Sudden GPT Partition Protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden GPT Partition Protection: I have a desktop running Windows 10, with all updates in place. In the middle of a simple task, my computer suddenly shut down. Turning it back on, the drive is now Grayed and no longer has a drive letter assigned. The grayed out area now shows GPT Partition Protection. I Can...
  5. Deleting disk partitions: "Healthy Recovery Partition" - which of these are okay to delete?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting disk partitions: "Healthy Recovery Partition" - which of these are okay to delete?: I recently removed Ubuntu from an Ubuntu-Window dual boot to which I gave a portion of my disk.In the process of removing it, I discovered I had 4 other partitions other than the C:, taking up quite some space.I cannot tell which are the results/residues from the dual boot...
  6. Is there a way to clone a “protected GPT partition” harddrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to clone a “protected GPT partition” harddrive?: Thanks submitted by /u/tonynca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k63enb/is_there_a_way_to_clone_a_protected_gpt_partition/
  7. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Linux partition with GPT: How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup? submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6 [link] [comments]...
  8. delete recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete recovery partition: delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/delete-recovery-partition/14446a8a-df85-41a2-b0aa-05686c1185d6
  9. Deleted Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Recovery Partition: I have an HP laptop that shipped with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 weeks ago and tonight I accidentally reformatted my D: drive recovery partition. I have recovery media on a USB pen drive that I made back when I first set up my computer. Has Windows 10 changed...
  10. DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk: How to: DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk [img] Information Some time ago in another thread I promised a fellow Ten Forums member, esteemed geek and a good friend of mine Tony K to make him a custom DISKPART script when needed: My system at present is...