Windows 10: Delete recovery partition after upgrade?

Discus and support Delete recovery partition after upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded a HP notebook to Win10 Home from Win 8.1. I would like to remove the OEM recovery partition. The Disk Management console shows the EFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kaborka, Jun 22, 2016.

1. kaborka Win User

Delete recovery partition after upgrade?

I upgraded a HP notebook to Win10 Home from Win 8.1. I would like to remove the OEM recovery partition. The Disk Management console shows the EFI partition, then the system partition (C), then a recovery partition of about 7GB. There is no Delete or resize option available on the latter.

I have Easus Partition Mgr and can use that to delete it and expand C. My question is, is it safe to do so? I don't want to break my installation. The HP docs said the partition can be deleted from the Recovery Mgr app in the (Win 8.1) Control Panel, but this doesn't seem to be available in Win 10.

:)

kaborka, Jun 22, 2016
  2. A123 Win User

Will a Windows 10 version update recreate the 450 MB recovery partition

Will a Windows 10 version update recreate the 450 MB recovery partition? I have created a recovery drive on a USB flash drive and I remember that after the recovery drive creation that a message popped up that I could safely delete the recovery partition
    on the desktop storage drive. I checked Disk Management and two recovery partitions exist on Disk 0. One partition is 300 MB and before C: drive and the other is 450 MB and after the C: drive. I assume that the 450 MB partition is the one that I can safely
    delete. If I delete the 450 MB recovery partition, will Windows 10 recreate the partition the next time I update the Windows 10 version?

3. Query about removal of recovery partition on Windows 10

Old title: Windows 10 (Hard drive partition)

Hi . I think after upgrade my windows 8 to 10 my hard drive have lot of partitions . i mean recovery partitions . There is 3 Healthy(recovery partition) and 3 OEM partition . so can i delete those partitions by using software , Specially health(recovery
    partitions) so i want to know is it safe if i delete those ones .

thank you .

pradeepchathuranga, Jun 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes, you can safely delete it. You definitely won't be able to go back to the factory Windows 8.1 if you do, but you probably couldn't anyway because most of the manufacturer's recovery partitions require the factory software to restore from it anyway.

NavyLCDR, Jun 22, 2016
  5. kaborka Win User
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Update:
    Simple deletion worked fine. Then I extended C: to fill the drive.

Thanks.

kaborka, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete recovery partition after upgrade? - Similar Threads - Delete recovery partition

2. recovery partition deleted by mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery partition deleted by mistake: I've tried to merge disk: C and D but the recovery partition get in the way so I tried to move it but I deleted it by mistake how may I get it back or is there any way to create it?from thisexample img.to this...
  3. recovery partition deleted by mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery partition deleted by mistake: I've tried to merge disk: C and D but the recovery partition get in the way so I tried to move it but I deleted it by mistake how may I get it back or is there any way to create it?from thisexample img.to this...
  4. Windows Recovery Partition after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Partition after Upgrade: Seems every time Windows does a major upgrade it adds another recovery partition.They aren't that large by them selves but add them up to over 1 gb. I can really use that space.Can anyone explain this?James[Original Title: Another Partitions Question]...
  5. Windows Recovery Partition after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Recovery Partition after Upgrade: Seems every time Windows does a major upgrade it adds another recovery partition.They aren't that large by them selves but add them up to over 1 gb. I can really use that space.Can anyone explain this?James[Original Title: Another Partitions Question]...
  6. Recovery Partition Upgraded when Upgrading from Win7? Or just delete.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Partition Upgraded when Upgrading from Win7? Or just delete.: Two questions: 1. My Lenovo T520 had some type of recovery partition on Windows 7 pro when I bought it as a refurbished from IBM. Not original OEM. Never had need to use it. When Windows 7 is upgraded to Windows 10, does the recovery partition also get upgraded? 2. If I...
  7. Deleting recovery partition - how?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting recovery partition - how?: I've prepared the recovery USB drive - how do I now delete the recovery partition on my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-recovery-partition-how/0d943c1b-93d5-4310-8350-c995f1609505
  8. delete recovery partition

delete recovery partition: delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/delete-recovery-partition/14446a8a-df85-41a2-b0aa-05686c1185d6
  9. Deleted Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Recovery Partition: I have an HP laptop that shipped with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 weeks ago and tonight I accidentally reformatted my D: drive recovery partition. I have recovery media on a USB pen drive that I made back when I first set up my computer. Has Windows 10 changed...
  10. After Upgrade Which Recovery Partition Can I delete?

After Upgrade Which Recovery Partition Can I delete?: I recently did an upgrade install on Windows 10. Now I have two recovery partitions. I am not sure which one I can safely delete to free up disc space. Previous to the upgrade there was just one recovery partition called recovery about 450 Mbt. Now there are two recovery...