Windows 10: DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??

Discus and support DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used Unlocker to get rid of ALL the "Protected" Files I had in C:\ temp folder from a NovaBackup Restore. ALL deleted files t into the Recycle Bin.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wen, Aug 24, 2015.

1. WEN
    wen Win User

DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??

I used Unlocker to get rid of ALL the "Protected" Files I had in C:\ temp folder from a NovaBackup Restore.
    ALL deleted files t into the Recycle Bin. I forgot to change setting in Recycle Bin Properties to Delete files and NOT save them. Well, ALL the files are now in Recycle Bin and even Unlocker can't empty the Recycle Bin !!

How can I DELETE Recycle Bin and ALL it's contents ??

:)

2. folder and contents deleted in error

folder and contents deleted in error not in recycle bin windows 10 help

Rovingreporter, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Can the $GetCurrent Folder be safely removed?

Do not delete the $Recycle.Bin folder, this is a protected operating system folder (the system probably won't allow it to ne deleted anyway but don't try). Is there content in it or is it empty? Is the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop? When is the last time
    that you emptied the Recycle Bin? Are you having functionality problems with the Recycle Bin?

However, if you did manage to delete the folder Windows would most likely replace it with a new one.

How To Add Recycle Bin Icon To Desktop In Windows 10

Automatically Delete Files Older Than 30 Days From Recycle Bin In Windows 10

RichardEiler, Aug 24, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Just right click on the Recycle Bin and click on 'empty'

WhyMe, Aug 24, 2015
  5. WEN
    wen Win User
    Tried this..............does NOT work !!

6. WhyMe Win User
    Elevated Command Prompt (admin)

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

This'll empty out your bin in the c: drive

WhyMe, Aug 24, 2015
  7. WEN
    wen Win User
    Tried this several times !! I get "Cannot Find Folder" as reply ??

8. DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??

try sfc /scannow to make sure there are no corrupted files.

Then try using privazer or ccleaner to clean your system.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 24, 2015
  9. whyfhy Win User
    Right click bin, properties, select don't move files to the recycle bin, remove files immediately when deleted , click apply then ok.

whyfhy, Aug 24, 2015
  10. WEN
    wen Win User
    Thanks a lot WhyMe !! DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ?? :) I tried this again and IT WORKED !! Thank You Friend !!

Thema:

1. DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ?? - Similar Threads - DELETE Recycle Bin

2. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  3. Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin: Windows 11 Pro v22H2, OS build 22621.819New Thinkpad used <1 weekRecycle Bin properties > Settings for selected location > Custom size 50Gb"Don't move files to Recycle Bin" is OFF"Display delete confirmation dialog" is TICKEDEvery time I delete a file, it asks if I really...
  4. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  5. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  6. Deleted items not in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted items not in recycle bin: It's been years since I checked my recycle bin, I've never had reason to do so, but yesterday I was editing the name of a file as I have done so many times before and during the process *POOF* the file disappeared! I have no idea what happened. I looked in the recycle bin but...
  7. Recycle bin deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle bin deleted: Hello I accidentally deleted the recycle bin shortcut. Is regere a way to get it back? Please help me submitted by /u/Computer-dude123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnpwjv/recycle_bin_deleted/
  8. Recycle Bin content in search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin content in search results: I was cleaning a second HD with lots of old files, starting with hundreds of images. To make my work easier, I set Explorer to show large icons. After I selected some files and deleted them, they were still there, showing names starting with $ and the Recycle Bin path. So I...
  9. Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents: I have a Bee-link PC running Windows 10, with a SSD Before donating it to someone I would like to permanently erase the Recycle Bin contents if that is possible. I understand that having an SSD it presents difficulties -- could anyone advise me of what software might be...
  10. Window 10 fails to delete the content of the recycle bin with the cmd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 fails to delete the content of the recycle bin with the cmd: Window 10 fails to delete the content of the recycle bin with the cmd command and ends up with access is denied, I tried the cmd code below to delete the content of the recycle bin but ends up with access is denied. rd /s c:\$Recycle.Bin what could be the issue here?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete $recycle.bin w10