Windows 10: Delete Registry files by accident

Discus and support Delete Registry files by accident in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! So I have accidentally deleted all the files except WorkFolders in: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnujaRaju, Apr 20, 2020.

1. AnujaRaju Win User

Delete Registry files by accident

Hi! So I have accidentally deleted all the files except WorkFolders in:

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Please please help!!

:)

AnujaRaju, Apr 20, 2020
  2. DCnewbie Win User

How do I delete registry files?

I have some programs which I deleted from "Add/Remove Programs" and I want to make sure they are deleted... where do I go to delete these files in my registry?

Also, I know there is a website where you can type in the name of programs running in the registry files to check if they are legitimate... where can I check my programs?

Thanks for any help!
    DC

DCnewbie, Apr 20, 2020
  3. How do I delete registry files?

type in regedit in the search box and press enter. Then from here on, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR DOING!! Go to Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Then a list of program registry keys will pop up, delete anything that is uninstalled. Make sure u backup the keys unless something goes wrong. To backup, you do: Select a group of keys on the left pane > Right click > Export > name it "whatever.reg" > save it. To import the backup, click the reg file and click "merge"

spearman914, Apr 20, 2020
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Delete Registry files by accident - Similar Threads - Delete Registry files

2. Accidently delete driver registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently delete driver registry key: I accidently deleted the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intel\GFX. I was attempting to install opencl, which on a guide said that to be deleted and install the driver from...
  3. Accidently delete driver registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently delete driver registry key: I accidently deleted the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intel\GFX. I was attempting to install opencl, which on a guide said that to be deleted and install the driver from...
  4. Accidently delete driver registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to fix after accidently delete all registry on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix after accidently delete all registry on...: I just accidentally delete all registry in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts in the registry editor, and now my laptop can't do a lot of things like can't use search on the taskbar, sometime it cant read from keyboard, many character also...
  6. How to fix after accidently delete all registry on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix after accidently delete all registry on...: I just accidentally delete all registry in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts in the registry editor, and now my laptop can't do a lot of things like can't use search on the taskbar, sometime it cant read from keyboard, many character also...
  7. Accidently deleted windows files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidently deleted windows files: Hi, I have accidentally deleted the windows files and not able to access some of the software i.e. adobe premiere pro cc 2019 when I try to open that or any other software it is showing an error that msvcp140.dll not found. I recently bought a system and don't want any...
  8. Accidentally deleted registry file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted registry file: Accidentaly deleted “microsoft” from registry files when i meant to delete something else. I can’t do much as of now but when i try to start windows it says error and restarts it again, until i get the troubleshoot screen. Any help/advice to fix this and restore the...
  9. SysWow64 registry file deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    SysWow64 registry file deleted: Hello, so when i was deleting some virus regitry file i accidently deleted the SysWow64 files and everything get down, when i rebooted my pc, it crashed and return the 0×00000f error, but i have some access to my files using a bootalbe windows cd, i need a way to restore the...
  10. Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit: I accidently deleted a registry key value located in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection. I was attempting to delete one that I had previously created earlier this evening for another attempted fix (AllowTelemetry). The deleted item...