Windows 10: Delete registry key in user shell folders

Discus and support Delete registry key in user shell folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After renaming my User account, my user shell folders all messed up due to OneDrive and I have these two additional folders that are not the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amelia4719, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Delete registry key in user shell folders

After renaming my User account, my user shell folders all messed up due to OneDrive and I have these two additional folders that are not the default user folders.How can I delete them safely? is it as simple as pressing delete?

:)

Amelia4719, Aug 29, 2021
  2. Berganda Win User

Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry (contacts, searches, and savedgames)

They have slightly different effects but I never took the time to explore the details. You would need to do a Google search.

I found this:

Registry: differences between Shell Folders and User Shell Folders? Solved - Windows 7 Help
    Forums

The entries in this subkey can appear in both the Shell Folders subkey and the User Shell Folders and in both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The entries that appear in user User Shell Folders
    take precedence over those in Shell Folders. The entries that appear in HKEY_CURRENT_USER take precedence over those in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. \Shell Folders exists for backwards compatibility apparently.

Berganda, Aug 29, 2021
  3. Berganda Win User
    Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry (contacts, searches, and savedgames)

I'm looking to change the directory paths of User Shell Folders (ex: documents, favorites).

I know I can do this easily by right clicking and going to properties. But I'd like to automate this process.

I found that there are registry values to each that can be modified:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...l-folders-to-a-specified-path-by-using-profil

This is great, but I realized there are missing folders.

Folders such as Contacts, Searches, and SavedGames don't seem to be there.

Is this because these registry keys need to be created or are they stored elsewhere?

Thanks

Berganda, Aug 29, 2021
  4. Delete registry key in user shell folders

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete registry key in user shell folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete registry key in user shell folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

Delete registry key in user shell folders

1. Delete registry key in user shell folders - Similar Threads - Delete registry key

2. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  3. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  4. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO: Hello people,My goal is to change the location of two user Shell Folders located under %USERPROFILE%\AppData with a GPO.The keys in question are named Local AppData and AppData, which are located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell...
  6. Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO

Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO: Hello people,My goal is to change the location of two user Shell Folders located under %USERPROFILE%\AppData with a GPO.The keys in question are named Local AppData and AppData, which are located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell...
  7. Update user shell folders registry keys with GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. User Shell Folders Registry Keys - Update with GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Shell Folders Registry Keys - Update with GPO: Hello people,My goal is to change the location of two user Shell Folders located under %USERPROFILE%\AppData with a GPO.The keys in question are named Local AppData and AppData, which are located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell...
  9. User Shell Folders messed up in registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Shell Folders messed up in registry: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hivdb8cde0l51.png?width=1240&format=png&auto=webp&s=c503dc2939d44c6ebaabdd34b852f5de2022673e Originally I moved my user folders to my D: drive, to clear some space on my C: drive. Yesterday I had to reinstall Windos to fiz a problem. I...
  10. Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...

Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...: I'm looking to change the directory paths of User Shell Folders ex: documents, favorites. I know I can do this easily by right clicking and going to properties. But I'd like to automate this process. I found that there are registry values to each that can be modified:...