Windows 10: Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

Discus and support Delete School account in my personal windows Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have already graduated, and my school account has been cancelled by my university. The school account has not been used for several months.I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windows Category - All, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

I have already graduated, and my school account has been cancelled by my university. The school account has not been used for several months.I am thinking to delete the School Account in my Windows, but it didn't work, cause the only way to delete the account need log in to this account first, and I cannot log in to this Account now!Does anyone know how to delete this account

:)

Windows Category - All, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Delete School account in my personal windows Issue :(

Zakin, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

1. Delete School account in my personal windows Issue - Similar Threads - Delete School account

2. Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!

in Cortana
    Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!: Whenever I turn on my laptop, the Windows search always uses my school account even though I have my personal account set as default and everything. I started noticing it especially after Outlook updated to the new UI. I have to manually switch it from the search menu. Is...
  3. Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!: Whenever I turn on my laptop, the Windows search always uses my school account even though I have my personal account set as default and everything. I started noticing it especially after Outlook updated to the new UI. I have to manually switch it from the search menu. Is...
  4. Windows search automatically switching to school account instead of my personal account!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete School account in my personal windows Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete School account in my personal windows Issue: I have already graduated, and my school account has been cancelled by my university. The school account has not been used for several months.I am thinking to delete the School Account in my Windows, but it didn't work, cause the only way to delete the account need log in to...
  6. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  7. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  8. School account still manages personal laptop after I deleted them

School account still manages personal laptop after I deleted them: Hi,I have a personal laptop that I use with my school account to be able to access my files. I tried to access a website and it told me that the website was blocked by the school, telling me there was 'adult content' even though this is an AUTHOR WEBSITE for YA readers. I...
  9. personal and school accounts linked?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    personal and school accounts linked?: When I set up my personal microsoft account, it was linked to my school account. I'm not sure how exactly I linked it, but I began having issues where I would log into my personal account and it would only show me my school account. I got a new computer and bought a...
  10. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...