Windows 10: Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

Discus and support Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_memelord666, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot y0nJzLmOpn1KfKczeJ4F9FBS-g1mjFgSb3uIjvk6b8Y.jpg

Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete the second EFI partition I created during the Linux installation [twice - once Kubuntu and once Manjaro]. When I used diskpart to delete that, I unfortunately realized that Windows was using the same EFI bootloader. How do I switch the bootloader from one drive to another?

Also, despite the fact that I removed Kubuntu and Manjaro from my drive, they still show up in my BIOS menu as boot options. How do I safely delete that EFI partition?

Screenshot of my disk: [the first one]

There are two partitions, but Windows is booting off of the second.

submitted by /u/_memelord666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_memelord666, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Suvrat18 Win User

Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Jun 28, 2020
  3. error no such partition; entering rescue mode; grub rescue> after deleting linux partition

my laptop is dual booted with windows 10 and fedora Linux. then I deleted Linux installed partition and in disk management. after I restarting the laptop, error no such partition, entering recue mode, grub rescue> message appears. how can I get back to
    windows 10 and remove Linux completely.

DASUNAROSHANA, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME after creating new EFI System Partition

Hello,

On my laptop (Acer Swift 3) I dual boot Windows 10 (stock Windows, not Acer's version) and Arch Linux, recently I ran out of space on my EFI System Partition (ESP) while trying to install a different Linux kernel, so I copied out all of the files on the
    ESP, created a new, bigger one and copied all of the files back on. After removing and re-adding the boot options using the EFI shell, Linux booted fine (from rEFInd) but Windows no longer boots - every time it blue screens with UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I
    have already tried:

• deleting /boot/EFI/Microsoft and /boot/EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi, then running `bcdboot /l en-gb /s s: /f UEFI` from a recovery disk - same problem
    • running various `bootrec` commands, some said "Access Denied" (what???) and some claimed there are no valid Windows partitions even though one is mounted at C:
    • Startup Repair - did not find any problems
    • reinstalling Windows - the installer says it will reboot and continue afterwards, when it reboots it dumps me at the main installer menu, without having made any progress
    • looking at EFI NVRAM variables - it is impossible to tell which of these actually affect the Windows boot manager
    • `sfc /scannow` - it was a shot in the dark and lo and behold it did nothing
    Any help getting Windows to boot again will be greatly appreciated.

TommyHudson1, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

1. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot - Similar Threads - Delete second EFI

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  5. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  6. Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Win10 after deleting linux partition: Ok so, I screwed up somethings and I am a by no means a pc expert so I need someone with more knowledge about this stuff. It happened when I deleted 2 partitions from my SSD where kali linux was located, which I dual booted with Windows 10. I deleted the partitions from a...
  7. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  8. Disk Partition Question After Removing Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Partition Question After Removing Dual Boot: I have a desktop PC that was originally Win 7. Back in January, I installed Win 10 in a dual boot configuration. All has been fine with Win 10 so I am ready to remove the dual boot (Win 7) OS. I've read the tutorial on removing it here: How to Remove and Uninstall Windows 7,...
  9. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  10. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...