Windows 10: delete system files on old drive

Discus and support delete system files on old drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I delete system files on a hard disk that is no longer the boot disk?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by franmc2, Apr 23, 2019.

1. franmc2 Win User

delete system files on old drive

How do I delete system files on a hard disk that is no longer the boot disk?

:)

franmc2, Apr 23, 2019

2. Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 23, 2019
  4. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

1. delete system files on old drive - Similar Threads - delete system files

2. Deleted .exe files off of old drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted .exe files off of old drive: Does Win10 scour an old hard drive connected to a new usb and delete files before it allows it to load?I had to purchase a new win10 machine recently and after 10 1/2 years on my old machine, I got lazy about backing up documents to a separate thumb drive. The hard drive...
  3. deleting old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    deleting old files: hi, so long story short, i have a small ssd so i am trying to free up some storage space. i often use a program called WinDirStat that scans my ssd and tells me exactly what type of files take up space and where. i ran it, and ended up finding 4gb of ".help" files. i am not...
  4. Still unable to delete old system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Still unable to delete old system files: A while ago I moved to using an SSD as my main boot drive but kept my HDD as storage. I didn't want to wipe it so all of the old windows files are still on the drive. I have tried taking ownership of the files and also running the takeown command in an admin command prompt....
  5. Deleting old system files

Deleting old system files: Hi! I had recently changed my C drive from hdd to ssd. So I have noticed that folders like program filesx86 and users folders are still presentwhich are heavy in storage , when I try to delete them it doesn't allows me to. Please help how can I delete these files....
  6. Deleting system files from an old hard drive

Deleting system files from an old hard drive: I followed this script: " OK, open a Command Prompt window as Administrator Windows + X keys together and then select Command Prompt Admin from the resulting menu Run each of these commands and press enter after each one, this will remove the old Program Files Folder...
  7. permission in system to delet a old file

permission in system to delet a old file: I am trying to delete windows old and it says I must get permission in system. Can someone tell me how?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-in-system-to-delet-a-old-file/37288221-5ac2-4f1d-b943-5ef798ac8c36"
  8. Deleting old files of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old files of windows: Should I delete the older files of windows 10 versions on my laptop or should I keep them? submitted by /u/cCrUzCc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbgexs/deleting_old_files_of_windows/
  9. Unable to delete Sharepoint files from an old drive

Unable to delete Sharepoint files from an old drive: I recently installed a new SSD in my computer and am keeping myold drive as seconday storage. I do not want to format the old drive as it has a large amount of files that I want to keep. I have a problem with some sharepoint files that I am unable to delete. I am not the...
  10. How To Delete Files From Old System Disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Delete Files From Old System Disk?: I want to delete the old Windows folder and a Windows.old folder from a system disk that had a totally corrupt system on and which I've just replaced with a new disk, new system. I'm copying all my data files off it and then I'll wipe it clean. That will delete the windows...