Windows 10: Delete Temp files

Discus and support Delete Temp files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NikoleRoth, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Delete Temp files

Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks

:)

NikoleRoth, Aug 17, 2022

2. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

Disk cleanup in Windows

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Delete Temp files

Deleting temp files in Windows 10. Also computer slower with Windows 10.

Hello Yves,

We understand that you would like to delete your Temp files from Windows 10 system:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete the temp files in Windows 10.

• a. Press Windows + R key,

b. Type temp and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

c. Select all and delete.

d. Press Windows + R key,

e. Type %temp% and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

f. Select all and delete.

g. Press Windows + R key,

h. Type Prefetch and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

I. Select all and delete.
    Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Delete Temp files

1. Delete Temp files - Similar Threads - Delete Temp files

2. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  3. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  4. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  5. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  6. Are these temp files ok to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these temp files ok to delete?: I have a bunch of folders in my temp folder C\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local\Temp that are taking up space. I've been reading that it's perfectly fine to delete files and folders in the Temp folder, but I've always been hesitant as I don't know if any are actually important to...
  7. deleting temp files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleting temp files: I am scanning my system with IO Bit driver booster. The program gave me a detail scan report. It says system has a lot of junk files for example 3228=C:\Users\koeradera\AppData\Local\Temp\ndrhn3zm.1hh\ja\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Installer.Common.resources.dll...
  8. Delete Temp Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Temp Files: Hello Community: I have an HP Compaq SFF 8200 desk top PC, MY operating system is Windowa 10 Home 64 bit. while doing housekeeping on my pc, I go to the disk cleanup mode, one of the items that I check is " Temporary Files" after the cleanup process is...
  9. Delete Temp Internet Files

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Temp Internet Files: I have read I guess all over the net how to delete temp internet files, I have tried everything inc CCleaner nothing seems to work, and I notice that people have written from about august 2015. Am using a new dell xps 8900 desktop with win 10 pro, am I right to think there...
  10. temp files wont delete

in Windows 10 Support
    temp files wont delete: My temp files are now just under over 800 megs. I tried some of the suggestions on this site, I could not even get to the app data file, it either was not there at all or I ended up somewhere else and the folder was empty. Could I get a guide to this file, windows 10 home...