Windows 10: delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files

Discus and support delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files because my c drive is full and I cannot install the latest windows update files. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael4u2, Jul 17, 2020.

1. delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files

how to delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files because my c drive is full and I cannot install the latest windows update files. I used the windows method in settings but fails. Troubleshooter is a joke!!!

:)

Michael4u2, Jul 17, 2020

2. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Deleting Temp File trash

Right click on far left Windows icon in Taskbar > select Run > type %temp% > from the list presented at top > Select all.

Or select first in list hold down Shift Key > scroll to bottom of list click on last one > all will be selected > right click Delete.

Also read through this:

"Delete files using Disk Cleanup"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...nup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-8

Bill Smithers, Jul 17, 2020
  4. delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files

Temporary files, temp internet files and thumbnails deletion

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1

1.Press Windows key + R

2.Type temp and click OK

3.Press Ctrl + A and click Delete
    Step 2

1.Press Windows key + R

2.Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

1.Press Windows key + R

2.Type prefetch and click OK

If the issue still persist, places computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Method2: Clean boot.
    Check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.
    A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also
    troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean
    boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
    may prevent you from following these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”
    to boot the computer in normal mode.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files

1. delete temp internet files and windows update cleanup files - Similar Threads - delete temp internet

2. Temp. Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp. Internet Files: Have 32 MBS of Temp. Internet files that won't delete no matter what I try. Started about a month ago, even CCleaner won't empty it , which it always did before..Can it be from a recent App. install? Ran antivirus several times and nothing...Disk Cleanup does nothing...
  3. Temp. Internet Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp. Internet Files: Have 32 MBS of Temp. Internet files that won't delete no matter what I try. Started about a month ago, even CCleaner won't empty it , which it always did before..Can it be from a recent App. install? Ran antivirus several times and nothing...Disk Cleanup does nothing...
  4. Concern that file cleanup of temp and system files does not delete all files requested on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Concern that file cleanup of temp and system files does not delete all files requested on...: We have two laptops running Windows 10 Version 21H2 The first is an HP250, the second an HP450 We keep both laptops up-to-date with Windows updates. Additional software on both machines is the same. The first has more personal files, ie Word, Excel, pictures, but that is...
  5. Concern that file cleanup of temp and system files does not delete all files requested on...

Concern that file cleanup of temp and system files does not delete all files requested on...: We have two laptops running Windows 10 Version 21H2 The first is an HP250, the second an HP450 We keep both laptops up-to-date with Windows updates. Additional software on both machines is the same. The first has more personal files, ie Word, Excel, pictures, but that is...
  6. Concern that file cleanup of temp and system files does not delete all files requested on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Temp file cleanup trouble

Temp file cleanup trouble: Hi there. I'm trying to free up disc space by deleting temp files. My storage usage says I've got over 7 GB of temporary files, but when I click on it there's only a few MB available to be cleaned up. How would I find the remaining files and delete them?...
  8. deleting temp internet files and disk defrag

deleting temp internet files and disk defrag: Hi How do I delete temp internet file and do a disk defrag, I bought my laptop from a pawn shop. and for some reason I cannot do this I I also cannot download anything from the internet at all. please help I have never had this problem before. also I have never owned this...
  9. Problem deleting Internet temp Files

in Browsers and Email
    Problem deleting Internet temp Files: When I go to control panel and then storage, under Internet temproray Files, it shows 3.5GB. When I try and delete it, Windows has a message saying it will delete it and to be patient, but it does not delete anything. Boot up the computer again and it still shows 3.5GB. If...
  10. Delete Temp Internet Files

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Temp Internet Files: I have read I guess all over the net how to delete temp internet files, I have tried everything inc CCleaner nothing seems to work, and I notice that people have written from about august 2015. Am using a new dell xps 8900 desktop with win 10 pro, am I right to think there...