Windows 10: Delete temporary folders from 1903 update?

Discus and support Delete temporary folders from 1903 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just finished updating to 1903 from 1809. However, there are 2 folders that I see left over from the update named "Windows10Upgrade" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VictorSosa_392, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Delete temporary folders from 1903 update?

I've just finished updating to 1903 from 1809. However, there are 2 folders that I see left over from the update named "Windows10Upgrade" and "$WINDOWS.~TMP" . Is it now safe to delete these folders?

:)

VictorSosa_392, Oct 7, 2019

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete temporary folders from 1903 update? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete temporary folders from 1903 update? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 7, 2019
  4. mon74 Win User

Delete temporary folders from 1903 update?

Trouble deleting a folder

Maybe if you have a spare drive, you can install a temporary winXP or win2000 and delete the offending folder from there?

mon74, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Delete temporary folders from 1903 update?

1. Delete temporary folders from 1903 update? - Similar Threads - Delete temporary folders

2. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  3. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  4. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DELETE TEMPORARY FILES

DELETE TEMPORARY FILES: HI I am trying to delete my temporary internet files but cant find them. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-files/58af60d4-6999-408a-bb1d-66b7301a6d83
  6. Temporary files not deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary files not deleting: So I was watching some Netflix when I received a pop-up message from chrome stating that I should delete the temporary cache files from Netflix, so I closed it and headed over to my storage settings and noticed that it was full, I remember having around 50GB free on my m.2...
  7. New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update

New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update: Cannot, using Rt Clk menu on Desktop (or a Folder0 to get create a New Folder, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-folders-from-desktop-after-1903-update/d6bb3483-c5d3-4e39-8a06-cb2357bb863b"
  8. Update to Windows 10 ver. 1903 Deleted Valuable Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to Windows 10 ver. 1903 Deleted Valuable Folder: After installing this update everytime I tried to log into my user profile I was getting an error, after restarting this was fixed. However, many of my personal user settings had changed (default browser, background picture, windows bar colour ect). All my applications were...
  9. Deleting temporary files

Deleting temporary files: I have been trying to clear drive space so I can update. I have moved everything I can to a mass storage device and I have only been able to remove a small amount of temp files. I am left with 5GB. I have deleted all my excess mail and now I am stuck. Is there a way to view...
  10. Can I delete temporary User Profiles and folders from Users directory?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I delete temporary User Profiles and folders from Users directory?: I am trying to determine whether I can delete TEMP User Profiles. One of my Win 10 Pro machines was updated to Version 1903 last night. After rebooting and trying to log in, I received the message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in." I was about the try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temp files showing large but not there