Windows 10: Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory

Discus and support Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi In Windows 10, how do I delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory? Thanks Bye 22003 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by balubeto, Sep 9, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory

Hi

In Windows 10, how do I delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Sep 9, 2015
  2. DavidY Win User
    DavidY, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Joergi Win User
    Also both of these folders will be deleted automatically once you exceed the one month period, in which you can go back to your old version of Windows.

Joergi, Sep 9, 2015
  4. balubeto Win User

There is a manual procedure to eliminate these two directories?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Sep 9, 2015
  5. DavidY Win User
    DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory - Similar Threads - Delete $Windows ~BT

2. C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in?: how do you get these files? where/how do you send them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowbt-files-to-send-in/64673b14-efd1-45e0-9c4f-edba5df5ff63
  3. Delete an old no outlook email a/c

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete an old no outlook email a/c: I keep getting a message stating my Microsoft account requires attention when I try to access. Microsoft gives me an old email address asking for password no longer remember for that email a/c My a/c is using my primary email address which is the only one registered. How...
  4. C:\Users Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Users Directory: Good Afternoon, I have a machine that is a member of a domain. The user account logged onto the machine is a user not an administrator. I run a portable program requires no prior installation as an administrator. I enter domain admin credentials. These domain...
  5. C:\users directory?

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\users directory?: My C:\users directory shows up as C:\Public\US SEAL 7.ico. Anyone know what's up with that? Thanks; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusers-directory/e798521b-7dab-4ae0-89f6-ade14e8fc0e7
  6. How to trigger the install of C:\$Windows.~bt

How to trigger the install of C:\$Windows.~bt: Since v1809 had a bad reputation, to test whether the v1809 update was viable, I made clones of my v1803 system, then on a clone ran the SetUp.exe for v1809-on-the-USB-stick, because I was told that an upgrade can not be done by booting from the USB. The first clone failed to...
  7. Different install.esd in C:\RecoveryImage and C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources

Different install.esd in C:\RecoveryImage and C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources: So, i have installed Windows 10 technical preview a while back using the media that I created from the 10041 build. Yesterday, via Fast Ring updates, I got the 10130 release installed. I was going to take the install.esd and make an installable ISO from it. I was surprised...
  8. C:\$windows.~BT

C:\$windows.~BT: On one of my windows 7 pro machines I have found this folder (C:\$windows.~BT) which is 4.3gb in size and has a setup.exe file (look like windows install disk). It has downloaded onto this PC with out me doing anything, dated 2nd August 2015. I have already upgraded 2...
  9. Window old directory in C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Window old directory in C drive: Hi All, After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade program from MS, the old windows 7 installation has been moved a folder call Windows.old. I am not sure if this is for reverting back to Windows 7 in case Windows 10 installation fails or for some...
  10. Problem with deleting directories from the c dive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with deleting directories from the c dive.: I have about 500 empty directories on my c: drive with names like the ones pasted below. I believe a failed Quicken install left them there. Anyway, normally this would be no big deal, but in this case, they are all at the root level and it makes my "real" directories hard to...