Windows 10: delete / uninstall mail app

Discus and support delete / uninstall mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone know how to delete the mail app? Uninstall the mail app? NOT delete the account. It doesn't even let you delete an account in 10240. At least... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nt62, Jul 19, 2015.

1. nt62 Win User

delete / uninstall mail app

Anyone know how to delete the mail app?
    Uninstall the mail app?
    NOT delete the account. It doesn't even let you delete an account in 10240. At least there is no option.

Uninstall the mail app completely?

Getting very annoyed with 10.
    Lots of issues.

Going back to other system.

:)

2. Mail app doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

Hi Karen,

To better assist you, can you please tell us how you uninstalled the Mail app? Did you delete the Mail app icon or uninstalled the application using a PowerShell command?

Keep us posted.

Josette Sal, Jul 19, 2015
  3. windows 10 email

Delete your account in the Mail app to "turn it off." You can't uninstall the app.

Frederick J. Barnett, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  5. nt62 Win User
    Thanks. Would be great if it worked. At least not working here. The options are greyed out.
    All mail was deleted. No accounts could be deleted.

delete / uninstall mail app [​IMG]

6. nt62 Win User
    Trying to delete an account it asks and then blank blank blank

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if you may have any success using OPTION TWO.

Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  8. nt62 Win User

Well, after 1000 builds, this stuff is still problematic.
    RTM in 10 days ?

I tried the powershell list, and thoroughly searched everything listed.
    NO reference to mail - no mail app listed.

I see
    WindowsCommunicationsApp
    WindowsAlarms
    WindowsPhone
    WindowsCamera
    BingFinance
    WindowsMaps
    Microsoft.AppConnector
    Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost
    Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin
    Microsoft.BingWeather
    Microsoft.Getstarted
    Microsoft.ZuneVideo
    Microsoft.Windows.Photos
    Microsoft.BingSports
    Microsoft.WindowsStore
    Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection
    Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder
    Microsoft.Office.OneNote
    Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub
    windows.devicesflow
    Windows.MiracastView
    Windows.PurchaseDialog
    Microsoft.BioEnrollment

For now, going to test the reset or whatever it is now called.

9. nt62 Win User
    What is a communications app?

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 19, 2015
  11. nt62 Win User
    ok. Successful uninstall. Thanks.
    I can't imagine anyone other than a geek or an IT nerd powershelling like a Linux terminal expert.
    Even Server installing to a command prompt with NO GUI.
    I guess they're expecting command com fluency ?

It's strikes me as funny that there are GUI click complaints
    when powershell experts must enter millions of keystrokes.

12. BunnyJ New Member
    Get ready to do this again on or after the 29th. When you get the upgrade you might have to do this all over again.

BunnyJ, Jul 19, 2015
  13. nt62 Win User

I like 10. And will do whatever is necessary to get it working.
    However, as of now, events like 5 minutes to boot,
    5 minutes to shut down, @ desktop - no start menu for 3 minutes, no right click for minutes,
    no tile customization, no desktop animations in tablet mode,
    no single key search unless prompt is into the search bar,
    desktop windows photo viewer removed,
    apps that need powershell removal,
    scrolling, scrolling, scrolling,
    edge vs IE battle - who wins ? Edge not remembering positions,
    explorer folders not remembering positions, (solved only in tablet mode),
    no shuffling without registry editing,

ok. I don't mind doing it again.

No complaints about this.

14. Phrixos Win User
    I knew something was wrong when I couldn't find the Help command
    I knew something was worse, when I couldn't find the Run Command
    I knew something was terrible when "receive" (mail) was replaced with "Sync." (I mean, REally?)
    I knew I was starting to get angry when the mail app refused to "sync" and even more when I couldn't find what "sync" really was. (I'm only assuming it means "receive.")
    I started to get enraged when, after several hours of searching, I still can't figure out how to uninstall the Mail command, to fix the Sync error.
    I'm sick to death of forking out money, "improvement" after "improvement" so Microsoft's whiz kids can show everybody how "talented" they are.
    Way back, when Windows 95 first appeared, the very first time I clicked "Save" and nothing seemed to have happened, I searched for help and was told "...not to worry" and to just assume that my file was saved because "it just has been". Well, after twenty years of such narcissistic arrogance, I'm getting a little tired.

I suggest someone at Microsoft look up the definition of "intuitive."

Phrixos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. delete / uninstall mail app - Similar Threads - delete uninstall mail

2. Mail app...trash NOT deleting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app...trash NOT deleting...: Hello Community Members...I have the Mail app and when deleting the folders to trashThe folders reappear again back to where they were...All help valued & appreciated with my current enquiryBest Paul......
  3. Mail app...trash NOT deleting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app...trash NOT deleting...: Hello Community Members...I have the Mail app and when deleting the folders to trashThe folders reappear again back to where they were...All help valued & appreciated with my current enquiryBest Paul......
  4. Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself: Hello all, Since the last windows 10 update (19042) my mail and calender app keeps uninstalling itself. Anyone else having the same problem or can point me towards a fix? submitted by /u/H2-Joe [link] [comments]...
  5. deleted mail app

deleted mail app: deleted mail app in windows 10 by mistake. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-mail-app/25ac6a57-5ca2-40ca-a2ff-76e8a716f47f
  6. W10 mail app deletes mails

W10 mail app deletes mails: When I search for sent mails more than 30 days old on W10 mail app it brings up the list of mails but as soon as I click on the mail I want it appears for a split second then disappears. I repeat the search and sure enough I relocate the message but again as soon as I...
  7. Uninstall Mail app retaining Calendar

Uninstall Mail app retaining Calendar: Hello, Is it possible to only uninstall/remove the Mail module of the Mail & Calendar app? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mail-app-retaining-calendar/5dd22bd1-3d54-4cff-b172-15dfdafb7811
  8. app in downloads will not uninstall or delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    app in downloads will not uninstall or delete: My daughter downloaded an app installer for a video game that's not from any place I know or trust. I can't find the app in add/remove or a dedicated file for the game so I'm assuming she didn't continue the install. But the installer is still in my download folder and will...
  9. Need to uninstall the Mail app

Need to uninstall the Mail app: I hate orphaned software and the Mail app is unmanageable and useless to me. How can I uninstall this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-uninstall-the-mail-app/099590d2-06c8-471c-ab46-a9a1ae828932
  10. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...