Windows 10: Delete unused wifi network

Discus and support Delete unused wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Wi-Fi network that I no longer use and have replaced with a nest. However, it still connects and interferes. How do I remove an unused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wrkeen, Sep 21, 2020.

1. wrkeen Win User

Delete unused wifi network

I have a Wi-Fi network that I no longer use and have replaced with a nest. However, it still connects and interferes. How do I remove an unused network?

:)

wrkeen, Sep 21, 2020
  2. mb300e Win User

Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

I had reason recently to make a change to one of my wireless network profiles and discovered that I have dozens of profiles listed that are no longer used. They include hotels, printers and other miscellaneous network items.

Can the older unused ones be deleted from the registry without creating a problem?

The only ones that appear in Settings are the ones in current or recent use. If I only had a few to do, I would do it from a DOS window, but I have dozens. *Eek

Thanks, Peter B.

mb300e, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Tim P. Win User
    WiFi issue in the secured network?

Greetings hirababulogantha,

The following are troubleshooting steps I use myself whenever I get odd disconnects on any of my mobile devices that always seem to resolve this type of issue.

To turn Off/On Wifi

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Wifi off or on.

Remove a stored(known) network

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Off Wifi
    • Tap Advanced
    • Tap and hold on the university network then tap Delete.
    • Flick On Wifi
    • Tap the university network to connect to it again.
    Best Regards,

Tim P., Sep 21, 2020
  4. Delete unused wifi network

How to delete old share from showing up in network

Use these steps to remove a mapped network drive using Command Prompt:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
    3. Type the following command to delete the mapped network drive and press Enter: net use d: /delete In the command, replace the “d” for the drive letter of the mapped drive you’re trying to remove.

Code:
      In the command, replace the “d” for the drive letter of the mapped drive you’re trying to remove.

4. Restart your computer.

After you complete the steps, the mapped network drive should not longer be available on your device.

FreeBooter, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Delete unused wifi network

1. Delete unused wifi network - Similar Threads - Delete unused wifi

2. Deleting unused services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting unused services: I run Windows 11 on a Dell laptop. I found some services left by a program I've since uninstalled. The services are disabled; is thereany way to delete them entirely from the system?...
  3. Deleting unused services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting unused services: I run Windows 11 on a Dell laptop. I found some services left by a program I've since uninstalled. The services are disabled; is thereany way to delete them entirely from the system?...
  4. auto connect makes wifi unuseable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto connect makes wifi unuseable: I move my devices a lot which means I use a lot of different wifis on the daily. This means I use the auto connect function constantly but for a couple months it just has not been working on any of my devices. I thought it was device specific but I've gotten a couple new...
  5. Delete unused user folders.

Delete unused user folders.: I have two user accounts on my Wndows 10 desktop; mine and Administrator. As I am short of space on the C: drive I would like to remove folders named 'Default' and 'Public'. Can I simply delete these two folders without affecting the operation of my PC? Thank you....
  6. Can't delete unused partitian

Can't delete unused partitian: I dual booted Linux on one of my hard drives, but had issues with it and removed the Linux bootloader. The problem is, I am unable to delete the partition in disk management, so that I can extend my Windows partition and get my space back [ATTACH]...
  7. Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing

Old Unused Networks in networks & sharing: Ladies, Gentlemen and all, On my HP Laptop 5 running Windows 10 I found about 7 or 8 networks which were "hidden" that I am unfamiliar with, or haven't used in a long time. I really would feel better if they weren't there, and that they cannot come back without my...
  8. Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections

Wifi Problems- From not connecting or finding networks, to slow and unusable connections: I recently bought a Asus laptop G751JT, second hand from a friend and it works perfectly in every respect. The wifi in the beginning too worked absolutely perfectly but then all of a sudden it stopped. So the problem is that the wifi adapter is the Intel AC 7260, and it seems...
  9. Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.: Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles. I had reason recently to make a change to one of my wireless network profiles and discovered that I have dozens of profiles listed that are no longer used. They include hotels, printers and other miscellaneous network...
  10. Delete unused/unnecessary files

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete unused/unnecessary files: Hello, Recently had to make some changes to associate files to programs. Have noticed in the list lot of unknown files, dont know where they came from. Previously (on win7) had installed "AVG tuneup" program, it had the exact function to clean these files, but did not insall...