Windows 10: Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list

Discus and support Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I have many wireless networks in my list, my own and many unwanted one, which I have no desire to connect to. How do I remove or 'forget' these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lillian Horn, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list

Hello,I have many wireless networks in my list, my own and many unwanted one, which I have no desire to connect to. How do I remove or 'forget' these network?I have tried 'manage Wi-Fi settings' but because the network doesn't appear in my known network list, I cannot click 'forget' for this network.Furthermore, every time I 'untick' the connect automatically box for the unwanted network, it reappears each time and is hindering connection to my own network.Thanks for any help you can provide.

:)

Lillian Horn, Feb 23, 2024

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Feb 23, 2024
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list

Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

Hi Shawn.

I notice that when deleting unwanted network profiles using any of the methods, that the networks remain listed in the network list in registry under the profiles tab.

I s it a good idea (or risky?) to delete the profiles for unwanted networks? When travelling a lot, one tends to accumulate many public Wi-Fi profiles that you may never use again.

Geoff Daniell, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list

1. Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list - Similar Threads - Delete unwanted networks

2. Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list: Hello,I have many wireless networks in my list, my own and many unwanted one, which I have no desire to connect to. How do I remove or 'forget' these network?I have tried 'manage Wi-Fi settings' but because the network doesn't appear in my known network list, I cannot click...
  3. Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete unwanted wi-fi networks on my list: Hello,I have many wireless networks in my list, my own and many unwanted one, which I have no desire to connect to. How do I remove or 'forget' these network?I have tried 'manage Wi-Fi settings' but because the network doesn't appear in my known network list, I cannot click...
  4. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  5. There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.: My computer says no connections are available and the Wi-Fi button that’s usually by the airplane mode button is gone. I have uninstalled my vpn, reset BIOS, uninstalled drivers, and troubleshot with no changes. What do I do?...
  6. There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.: My computer says no connections are available and the Wi-Fi button that’s usually by the airplane mode button is gone. I have uninstalled my vpn, reset BIOS, uninstalled drivers, and troubleshot with no changes. What do I do?...
  7. There is no list of Wi-Fi networks anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Wi-Fi networks deleted by command prompt

Wi-Fi networks deleted by command prompt: Hi folksI have Wi-Fi connectivity issues. I thought it was due to the fact that all my neighbours Wi-Fi networks keep getting automatically ticked despite me never having ticked them. I deleted or blocked not sure which all the visible Wi-Fi connections using command prompt...
  9. Wi-Fi network list is missing on windows10

Wi-Fi network list is missing on windows10: Hi guys, I have a Wi-Fi connection issue on windows10. OS version: Windows10 1099 18363.836 Network adapter: Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter Issue repeat step: 1. Connect a WLAN network for example A-WLAN, I can connect it successfully. 2. Open the...
  10. List of available wi-fi networks

List of available wi-fi networks: Recently had cable internet installed. Previous to that we had internet through the phone company...all products worked fine AS LONG AS THE INTERNET WASN'T DOWN. After cable was installed: tablet, Ipad, GoogleHome, 3 TVs, all see and use new wifi network. Laptop running...