Windows 10: Delete user profile that is greyed out

Discus and support Delete user profile that is greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had to create a new profile since my old profile had problems that no one could figure out. My new profile is "Administrator" but when I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichelleOcasio- [O365], Jun 21, 2019.

1. Delete user profile that is greyed out

I have had to create a new profile since my old profile had problems that no one could figure out. My new profile is "Administrator" but when I go into netplwiz under the new profile to delete the first user profile, remove is greyed out. How can I delete it?

:)

MichelleOcasio- [O365], Jun 21, 2019
  2. rivre Win User

Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked - how to delete?

To add to this, I tried following the instructions here to delete the leftover folder:

How to Delete Windows 10 User Account and Profiles? - Technig
    How to Remove User Profile Correctly in Windows 10? - Technig

(using sysdm.cpl - SystemPropertiesComputerName.exe) but when highlighting the "account unknown" entry, the "delete" button remains greyed out. I also tried running "sysdm.cpl" under an Administrator command prompt, and it still left the delete button greyed out. User comments there say running sysdm.cpl under admin rights should allow the delete button, but it doesn't for me. I even ran "SystemPropertiesComputerName.exe" directly from the system32 folder as admin, and that profile is still greyed out. So now what?

EDIT: I just went into the old user profile folder, and the only file that is locked is NTUSER.DAT. All other folders can be deleted manually. Can I safely set my "delete invalid file" program to delete this file at boot, or will there be issues?

The thing is, I don't like that in sysdm.cpl it still lists the old deleted profile as "account unknown". What can I do do safely remove this user folder under sysdm.cpl? Why is delete greyed out? I'd rather not just delete the folder if "account unknown" will still be listed under sysdm.cpl properties. I'd like to delete this the right way so it's not an issue later but it won't let me.

rivre, Jun 21, 2019
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Delete user profile that is greyed out

Deleting Windows 10 user account/profile

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you login to an Administrator account?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you disable the said user account via Command Prompt. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start button, select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
    Enter.

3. A list of user profiles on your computer will appear, if you see the user account you wish to disable then you can type:

net user ExampleUserName /active:no (note the space between the end of the user name and the /) and press
    Enter.

Note: Make sure that you have other accounts available to your computer with Administrator rights before performing this method.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Delete user profile that is greyed out

1. Delete user profile that is greyed out - Similar Threads - Delete user profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile: Hi. I am logged in as Admin on a Windows 10 laptop and I tried deleting a User Profile going into Advanced System Settings. But the Delete Button was greyed out. Can anyone help me? I am NOT a computer pro but I am ok with following some basic instructions! Thanks...
  5. Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile

Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile: Hi. I am logged in as Admin on a Windows 10 laptop and I tried deleting a User Profile going into Advanced System Settings. But the Delete Button was greyed out. Can anyone help me? I am NOT a computer pro but I am ok with following some basic instructions! Thanks...
  6. Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Delete User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  8. Delete User Profile

Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  9. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  10. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete user profile greyed out

2. delete user profile windows 10 greyed out

3. user profile delete greyed out

4. delete profile greyed out windows 10,
  5. www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  6. delete profile windows 10 greyed out,
  7. delete user profile is greyed out,
  8. delete button grayed out user profiles,
  9. windows 10 user profile delete grayed out,
  10. delete user profile option greyed out,
  11. windows user profile delete greyed out,