Windows 10: Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop

Discus and support Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was in the process of moving files from my HDD to my secondary SDD and I noticed that a bunch of folders I didn't ask to be put on the desktop got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tutorgrrl, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop

So I was in the process of moving files from my HDD to my secondary SDD and I noticed that a bunch of folders I didn't ask to be put on the desktop got put there. I can't delete them because they are quick access folders to my SDD.

Here are the folders I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/wmG8XfL

I've tried going into Personalization and Desktop Icon settings but nothing is there for them. I do see that my Desktop folder in windows explorer is now my SDD drive (see here: https://imgur.com/a/KWKzTNn). Could that be why I can't get rid of them? Anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/tutorgrrl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tutorgrrl, Oct 16, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 16, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop

1. Delete Users and other Windows folders from Desktop - Similar Threads - Delete Users folders

2. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  3. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  4. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot delete other user from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete other user from Windows 10: I am using Windows 10. When I boot-up two separate user accounts are displayed. One of these accounts is an administrator account and is the one I use. The other account is also in my name. I no longer want that account but I cannot delete it because when I go into family and...
  6. Cannot delete other user from Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot delete other user from Windows 10: I am using Windows 10. When I boot-up two separate user accounts are displayed. One of these accounts is an administrator account and is the one I use. The other account is also in my name. I no longer want that account but I cannot delete it because when I go into family and...
  7. Cannot delete other user from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Does accidental delete the desktop and other user folders from my OneDrive folder affect my...

Does accidental delete the desktop and other user folders from my OneDrive folder affect my...: Guys I accidentally deleted the desktop folder, documents folder etc from my onedrive folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-accidental-delete-the-desktop-and-other-user/74600059-ca33-40c6-aa6b-86c1e9d07fd9
  9. Hiding files and folders from other users

Hiding files and folders from other users: Hello All, I have D drive which has storage of 1000GB HDD. I have added multiple users, thinking that one user cannot see the files and folders of other users in D drive. But evetually they all could see each other files and folders. Is there any way to restrict users from...
  10. Deletion of folder from desktop

Deletion of folder from desktop: Hi, Today I found one of my folder from desktop is deleted automatically. Just an hour before I have selected a file and share with someone as an attachment in a mail. This is very surprising. Is there any solution?...