Windows 10: Delete Videos>Captures Folder

Discus and support Delete Videos>Captures Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I can manually delete folders like captures in video but after a restart the folder is created again automatically by Windows. How can I delete it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Jul 27, 2018.

1. omidsolo Win User

Delete Videos>Captures Folder

Hi,
    I can manually delete folders like captures in video but after a restart the folder is created again automatically by Windows.
    How can I delete it permanently so it won't create it again?
    Thanks.

:)

omidsolo, Jul 27, 2018
  2. oli_ramsay Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete Videos>Captures Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete Videos>Captures Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Wilfred Mac Win User
    Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 27, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete Videos>Captures Folder - Similar Threads - Delete Videos>Captures Folder

2. VC-211A USB2.0 video capture device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VC-211A USB2.0 video capture device: I need the DRIVER win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/vc-211a-usb20-video-capture-device/db4330d0-985f-411f-b11e-85e5aa70ef9b
  3. Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240

Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240: Hello everyone, I use an old TerraTec TV PCI card to capture analog videos. Used it successfully in the past (also in Windows 10) to capture at its default/max resolution, which is 720x576. Now, only 320x240 is available. The driver Windows 10 installs automatically is...
  4. Video capture

Video capture: Cannot get windows 10 to find the capture adapter, tried everything that I can think of. Would like some help if someone tell can me how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/video-capture/656aea48-6b7c-4cf9-a0a0-6db5190d2f9c
  5. System32 folders missing after capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    System32 folders missing after capture: I am working with Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 64 Bit. I have tried to capture an image from it and I have noticed that the folders in system 32 after the config folder are no longer folders. What could cause this? Offline: I have removed most of the provisioned applications...
  6. BSOD screen capture of video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD screen capture of video: I was doing a screen capture of a video on You Tube when this bsod occurred;1st since updating to windows 10 Pro. This bsod was a light blue color with very little writing, but didn’t get error code/report as to why it happened but did disable auto reboot. 56330
  7. suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program: Hi I would like some suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program... Have tried loads and loads today, Free & trial versions...many free ones have 3 minute limits or watermarks etc etc... I need to capture some video & audio from a website...The video is...
  8. bt878 video capture in Win 10 x64?

bt878 video capture in Win 10 x64?: Has anyone been able to get any bt878 based video capture cards working in Windows 10 x64? I have a Leadtech WinFast TV2000 PCI card. I don't care about the old NTSC TV tuner on it, just want to get the S-Video input working. Why this old card? Because Leadtech told the...
  9. Video capture - what bitrate should I chose

Video capture - what bitrate should I chose: Hi folks I have a video capture program (VIVA studio) which captures a 1920 X 1080p HD video signal from a hardware capture device via HDMI. The HDMI splitter simply splits signal from a SKY Q box or am Amazon fire stick - depending on what I want to capture into the...
  10. Screen video capture for windows 10

Screen video capture for windows 10: Hi... Does anyone know of a free video capture software that will record screen on windows 10 like fraps used to record on windows 7... A software that does not run on windowed mod and that shows mouse pointer and will record screen when gaming at least 30 FPS... Thanks 30477