Windows 10: Delete Windows BT file

Discus and support Delete Windows BT file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi so I'm thinking of this weekend finally updating my windows version from 1809, but I have an issue I have about 20 GB's of space taken from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Jan 16, 2020 at 10:48 AM.

1. Redbatman Win User

Delete Windows BT file

Hi so I'm thinking of this weekend finally updating my windows version from 1809, but I have an issue I have about 20 GB's of space taken from a previous failed installed 1903 update back in September and I'd like to get rid of it.

Disk Cleanup won't show the file and I downloaded TakeOwnershipPro but that was taking too long and doing the CMD wasn't working either. (See below)

So any other ideas I can do before I finally install my new windows version?
    takeown /F C:\$Windows.~WS\* /R /A
    icacls C:\$Windows.~WS\*.* /T /grant administrators:F
    rmdir /S /Q C:\$Windows.~WS\

:)

2. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows.~bt & Windows.old, can I delete them?

Hi Mark,

There are several ways on how to delete Windows.~bt & Windows.old folders on your computer. Simply follow the steps below:

• Go Search and type Disc Cleanup.
    • Check the folder that you want to delete.
    • Press Ok.

Note: Once you delete Windows.~bt file on your computer, you won't be able to go back with your previous Windows version.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. Delete Windows BT file

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

The Windows $BT folder is there in case you want to recover the old OS. It's not needed for an upgrade.

But here's a link anyway....*Smile Delete Windows BT file :) Windows 10 Build 10240

I think BT is an abbreviation for "Bloat". lol

Thema:

Delete Windows BT file

1. Delete Windows BT file - Similar Threads - Delete file

2. Need Disk Space for Update: delete candycrush and bubblewitch3saga files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Disk Space for Update: delete candycrush and bubblewitch3saga files: I have a Cloudbook 32 gig C drive and need to get additional space to install the current update. I have deleted all data and apps other than Chrome, and have no disk mgmt files left to delete. I do have in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps about 2 gigs of candycrush and...
  3. How does one fix the Download file section being deleted?

How does one fix the Download file section being deleted?: Not only were the files deleted, so was the location itself after I ran an uninstall program for an Arduino file. How would I fix the download folder being deleted?...
  4. con.* file delete

con.* file delete: I was making a placeholder file with a random name and i acciedntally typed "con" in the name. I now can't delete the file. Can anybody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/con-file-delete/da93bf49-71c2-41da-aa91-b23ac3b6bfd4"
  5. temp files showing 1.4 gb and not getting options to delete it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temp files showing 1.4 gb and not getting options to delete it: hello, when I tried to update during installation I see a notification about lack of space. so I tried clearing all my unwanted data from the storage option. in that temp files is showing 1.4 gb and it is not getting deleted. so please help me delete these files. even...
  6. Deleting Files.

Deleting Files.: Hi there, I was trying to free up space and most files deleted fine but 7 of them are staying in my recycle bin instead of getting deleted properly. I have tried using the cursor to select delete and used the delete key but they just won't go. Is there something else I'm...
  7. For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.

in Windows 10 Customization
    For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.: I used Run with %temp%, temp, and prefetch and it does not work. Also, I used disk cleanup, but the 22 GB storage is still there. Therefore, I optimized and defragmented the whole hard drive, but it did not clean up all of the temporary files. Is it possible that those...
  8. windows 10 keeps deleting my files

windows 10 keeps deleting my files: Why win10 is deleting my files?, this problem is very annoyng, i had important design files, for many of my costumers, and it keeps deleting the files, the files are on different psihical hard disk on my pc, not even on different partition with the same disk with OS. ****...
  9. Can i delete microsoft windows wer files?

Can i delete microsoft windows wer files?: werrrrrrrrrrrrrrr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wer/548c277e-0fef-44c3-b637-edfe94bb5f2d
  10. What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dynorton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eonojk/what_exactly_will_be_deleted_if_i_select_the_keep/