Windows 10: Delete Windows BT file

Discus and support Delete Windows BT file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi so I'm thinking of this weekend finally updating my windows version from 1809, but I have an issue I have about 20 GB's of space taken from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Redbatman Win User

Delete Windows BT file

Hi so I'm thinking of this weekend finally updating my windows version from 1809, but I have an issue I have about 20 GB's of space taken from a previous failed installed 1903 update back in September and I'd like to get rid of it.

Disk Cleanup won't show the file and I downloaded TakeOwnershipPro but that was taking too long and doing the CMD wasn't working either. (See below)

So any other ideas I can do before I finally install my new windows version?
    takeown /F C:\$Windows.~WS\* /R /A
    icacls C:\$Windows.~WS\*.* /T /grant administrators:F
    rmdir /S /Q C:\$Windows.~WS\

:)

Redbatman, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows.~bt & Windows.old, can I delete them?

Hi Mark,

There are several ways on how to delete Windows.~bt & Windows.old folders on your computer. Simply follow the steps below:

• Go Search and type Disc Cleanup.
    • Check the folder that you want to delete.
    • Press Ok.

Note: Once you delete Windows.~bt file on your computer, you won't be able to go back with your previous Windows version.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Dyan Rey, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Delete Windows BT file

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

The Windows $BT folder is there in case you want to recover the old OS. It's not needed for an upgrade.

But here's a link anyway....*Smile Delete Windows BT file :) Windows 10 Build 10240

I think BT is an abbreviation for "Bloat". lol

Pill Monster, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Delete Windows BT file

1. Delete Windows BT file - Similar Threads - Delete file

2. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  3. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  4. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  5. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  6. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...: For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files 21.8GB attached image.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-last-two-months-i-am-trying-to-find-a-away/e486c836-adb0-4495-82b2-093499cfad9f
  9. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...: For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files 21.8GB attached image.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-last-two-months-i-am-trying-to-find-a-away/e486c836-adb0-4495-82b2-093499cfad9f
  10. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...