Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade

Discus and support Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi, I have downloaded the Windows 10 Pro ISO using Media Creation Tool and I wanted to know if it is safe to delete the Windows~BT folder before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by werty, Jul 30, 2015.

1. werty Win User

Hi,

I have downloaded the Windows 10 Pro ISO using Media Creation Tool and I wanted to know if it is safe to delete the Windows~BT folder before doing the upgrade. Will it cause some mess with the upgrade process if I delete it or just to leave it intact?

Thanks, *Smile

:)

werty, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade

Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade - Similar Threads - Delete Windows~BT folder

1. Is there a way to delete permanently "recoverable" files

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to delete permanently "recoverable" files: Hi, I recently deleted some files from the Recycle Bin that were not on my backup. Thankfully, I was able to recover these files. However, in doing so I noticed many GB of "recoverable files"... All of these files already exist on multiple backups so I would rather delete...
  2. Can I delete $Windows.~BT after installing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete $Windows.~BT after installing?: This folder and $Windows.~WS are both part of the Windows 10 upgrade from what I've been told. Now that I've finished the installation, these two folders are still on my C: drive, eating up 11.5GB of space between them. Is it safe to get rid of them after the installation is...
  3. Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?: My question is simple and in the Title itself. It is, "Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?" 14509
  4. Does Update delete $WINDOWS.~BT before downloading the new one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Update delete $WINDOWS.~BT before downloading the new one?: Does Update delete $WINDOWS.~BT before downloading the new one? Or does it just overwrite the existing files? 55846
  5. Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory: Hi In Windows 10, how do I delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory? Thanks Bye 22003
  6. Unable to delete $WINDOWS.~BT on Windows 10 - work arounds not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete $WINDOWS.~BT on Windows 10 - work arounds not working: Spent most of today trying to reinstall Windows, according to Google I need to delete $WINDOWS.~BT but I always get "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program". I've tried adding permissions with TakeOwnershipPro, deleting...
  7. How to delete $Windows.~BT folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete $Windows.~BT folder: I have spent a lot of time trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my three year old Dell Inspiron desktop, but cannot do so. I'm no techie, but it seems to me that it is a $Windows.~BT folder that is preventing me from doing so. From what I have read, Windows should have done so...
Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade solved