Windows 10: Delete Windows files in Programs folder

Discus and support Delete Windows files in Programs folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I just got a new SSD and want to use my old drive as bulk storage. I found it easier to just install a new copy of Windows on my new drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zingoman, Oct 14, 2020.

1. zingoman Win User

Delete Windows files in Programs folder

Hello!
    I just got a new SSD and want to use my old drive as bulk storage. I found it easier to just install a new copy of Windows on my new drive. I installed my essential applications and wanted to use a shortcut so I can have all my old applications.
    The problem is, the old drive was my old system drive, which means the Programs folder has all the things like Windows Defender etc. I have tried to just delete those files, but I can't. Is there any tool or something to bypass the requierd permission to delete those files?
    Thanks!

:)

zingoman, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Delete Windows files in Programs folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 14, 2020
  3. RoboX Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Delete Windows files in Programs folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Delete Windows files in Programs folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Delete Windows files in Programs folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Delete Windows files in Programs folder

1. Delete Windows files in Programs folder - Similar Threads - Delete files Programs

2. Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86: Because my HP said that it was nearly full I double checked for bloatware like istalled games etc. However I find folders in the Programs Files x86 that should have disappeared when I uninstalled the programs such as WildTangent games. It won't let me delete it because it's...
  3. Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86: Because my HP said that it was nearly full I double checked for bloatware like istalled games etc. However I find folders in the Programs Files x86 that should have disappeared when I uninstalled the programs such as WildTangent games. It won't let me delete it because it's...
  4. Can't delete Wildtangent folder in the Programs Files x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?: Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to read or delete them, even tho I'm the administrator. They seem to be system folders. Does anyone have an idea how to remove...
  6. DEleted files and programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEleted files and programs: OK, so I up graded to Windows 10 Pro this evening. Had some issues so I contacted Microsoft support. They helped get the windows 10 Pro installed. Prior to installing, I had asked if my current programs and files would be effected and was told no. Anyway, I no longer have ANY...
  7. Is it safe to delete the adobe folders located in program files and program files (x86) in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to delete the adobe folders located in program files and program files (x86) in...: So I want to completely uninstall photoshop from my computer but I am worried that if I delete the Adobe folders from these locations my system will malfunction in some way. Am I just being paranoid? submitted by /u/josechiri707 [link] [comments]...
  8. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...
  9. delete a program file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete a program file: How can I close the carbonite program and delete the carbonite program file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-program-file/426ef3c3-741e-4f48-bbde-36a4377bc252"
  10. Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files: My Win10 Home is regularly updated by MS. After a recent update I find I am no longer able to update or completely remove applications. An example: Firstly, I am logged in as an administrator. I recently ran a program that informed me that an update was available. I opted...