Windows 10: Delete Windows from old HDD

Discus and support Delete Windows from old HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I replaced my wife's HDD with and SSD and want to use her old drive to back data, the OS won't let me delete the Windows folder and I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Oct 20, 2018.

1. rboppy Win User

Delete Windows from old HDD

Hi,

I replaced my wife's HDD with and SSD and want to use her old drive to back data, the OS won't let me delete the Windows folder and I don't want to format the drive. Can I force Windows to delete the folder?

:)

rboppy, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Martin Bar Win User

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Divyank Malviya Win User
    Deleting Windows 10 from OLD HDD

Hello,

I bought a new SSD and installed new WIN 10 into it.

Now, I want to delete WIN 10 from my old HDD ( C drive ) without losing data from ( E,F,G,H drives ) in old HDD.

I do not want anything from C drive of old HDD, I just do not want to lose any data from other drives.

Help appreciated.

Thank you.

Divyank Malviya, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete Windows from old HDD - Similar Threads - Delete old HDD

2. delete windows old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete windows old: how do I delete windows old from my Toshiba tablet it keep saying I need administratorpermmisn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/delete-windows-old/a4c97ee1-eb22-40b8-8980-5140d8613ce7"
  3. delete an old network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete an old network: I have an old network still showing in lists of networks how do I remove or delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/delete-an-old-network/5417317a-8c86-461d-abff-04d55f5fa25a
  4. delete old email

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete old email: I know longer use this email, dcummings @centurytel.net how do delete it ? I use google now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-old-email/e05375b7-dc9d-4155-9c63-0da02552a414
  5. Deleting Windows Old Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting Windows Old Files: My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81 As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows Installation." Is this safe to delete/remove? 111537
  6. How do I transfer all content from SSD to HDD and delete old files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I transfer all content from SSD to HDD and delete old files: Hi i'm on Windows 10 on a 240gb ssd, I want to transfer to an WD caviar blue-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218 I don't know if I should boot from the hdd, but when I plugged it in, it had all the old files from my previous pc and is split into...
  7. Needing permission from SYSTEM to delete windows old.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Needing permission from SYSTEM to delete windows old.: Hi folks, I want to delete the windows old folder in windows 10 as its hogging up quite a bit of space, only upgraded windows 8 to 10 a few days ago. However it wont let me, I have tried disk cleanup and tried to delete the windows old folder, but it tells me I don't...
  8. How would I delete the OS from old cloned HDD?

How would I delete the OS from old cloned HDD?: Hello I recently upgraded my Dell inspiron 3650 to an SSD leaving me a 1TB drive to use as storage, which I did and it worked great for about 2 weeks and then i started to notice small glitches in my system until finally my Bluetooth just quit working all together. So after 4...
  9. Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC

Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC: I have an older PC in which the motherboard is dying. I bought a newer PC and since the HDD is still good on old PC I wanted to install the HDD to the new PC as a 2nd drive. That way i can keep the files and have more room. My question is to make room on old HDD can I delete...
  10. Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd

Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd: Hello all, My windows is not booting the m.2 ssd. I bought a new laptop with a hdd. Bought m.2 850 evo ssd and installed it. Installed windows 10 on it without removing the hdd. It was loading fine but i noticed that the boot loads the previous hdd before...