Windows 10: Delete Windows from old HDD

Discus and support Delete Windows from old HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I replaced my wife's HDD with and SSD and want to use her old drive to back data, the OS won't let me delete the Windows folder and I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Oct 20, 2018.

1. rboppy Win User

Delete Windows from old HDD

Hi,

I replaced my wife's HDD with and SSD and want to use her old drive to back data, the OS won't let me delete the Windows folder and I don't want to format the drive. Can I force Windows to delete the folder?

:)

rboppy, Oct 20, 2018

2. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Deleting Windows 10 from OLD HDD

Hello,

I bought a new SSD and installed new WIN 10 into it.

Now, I want to delete WIN 10 from my old HDD ( C drive ) without losing data from ( E,F,G,H drives ) in old HDD.

I do not want anything from C drive of old HDD, I just do not want to lose any data from other drives.

Help appreciated.

Thank you.

Divyank Malviya, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Delete Windows from old HDD - Similar Threads - Delete old HDD

2. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  3. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  4. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Old HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old HDD: So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk management and there it is. It says it's healthy and while it's probably almost 25 years old, the drive is still running just fine...
  6. Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?: Sorry for the dumb question, but my dad recently gave me his computer which has windows 10 Pro inside of its hard drive (he doesnt have an ssd). I also just realized that windows 10 is not a free OS after 18 long years. Knowing this fact, Im not really willing into spending...
  7. Deleting system reserved & recovery partitions on old HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting system reserved & recovery partitions on old HDD: I recently installed an SSD and cloned W10 onto it from my old HDD Disk 0. I now want to use that HDD for storage, but as you can see from the screen grab it has a system reserved partition J: and a Recovery Partition on it. [ATTACH] How do I delete the redundant system...
  8. My Old HDD will not dissapear from Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Old HDD will not dissapear from Windows explorer: I recently replaced my old HDD with a new one, but my problem is that the old HDD still is in windows explorer, I keep getting the error "desktop is unavailable" whenever I try to do anything. How do I completely remove my old HDD from my PC?...
  9. How would I delete the OS from old cloned HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How would I delete the OS from old cloned HDD?: Hello I recently upgraded my Dell inspiron 3650 to an SSD leaving me a 1TB drive to use as storage, which I did and it worked great for about 2 weeks and then i started to notice small glitches in my system until finally my Bluetooth just quit working all together. So after 4...
  10. Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd: Hello all, My windows is not booting the m.2 ssd. I bought a new laptop with a hdd. Bought m.2 850 evo ssd and installed it. Installed windows 10 on it without removing the hdd. It was loading fine but i noticed that the boot loads the previous hdd before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete windows from old hdd

2. how to delete windows of my hdd

3. how to delete window in old hdd

4. howto remove windows from a old hdd,
  5. remove old windows10 from hdd,
  6. how to delete windows from your hdd,
  7. delete windows of old ssd,
  8. new ssd deleting windows from old hdd,
  9. delete old windows on hdd,
  10. how to delete windows 10 from hdd,
  11. how ot delet boot from old windows hdd,